Monday, September 1, 2008

A few quick things...

Well we did run down to Zuma Beach (Malibu) on Sunday AM...it was so beautiful when we got there and as you will see in the last photo...got awful and overcast and we ended up leaving earlier than planned. The first hour was great, second not so much. But we had fun and it was a nice trip regardless...
Today we hit the pool for the last time of the year...closes today. So that was fun for us, but Zach cried his eyes out when we left since it was closing and he couldn't go back tomorrow...oh it was sad. We met some new people to Brandon's squadron, they had a small BBQ tonight...very nice, but hard night for me...not in the mood to hang out with new people...not on my game if you will. Plus the kids were tired and cranky and there was little to do at their house in the way of kid stuff my age kids...so they got a bit restless...more Erin than Zach honestly. We left after about an hour and a half, but had a good excuse. It was nice to meet some new faces and hopefully we will see them again and it was worth it to go over there for a bit.
Got a nice call from a friend that use to live here our first year here...he deployed last year at this time to Iraq...his wife and I are good friends and I miss them a ton. He called to check on me and see how I was holding up, my plans for the deployment, back up plans, etc. It was nice and I appreciated the sincere gesture. Saw a few people at the pool today that also offered me to call if I need them, one we have known since our last base and I know I could call and it was good to see her. So...all in all I feel a bit better tonight as far as my list of in case of emergency is growing....just hoping that people will realize I also will need friends just to pass the time...make days easier and fun...that sort of thing.
We showed Zach the web cam today and he got a kick out of it...hopefully it will still be fun when daddy isn't in the other room. Sally dug a hole under the kids play house today...oh that dog. The old green bike got a flat, good thing we got him a 14 inch bike this weekend...he is doing well with it. Brandon is preparing to read some stories for the kids on tape...I think they will enjoy that.
It is hard to believe that after so much warning and time planning, we have a little over 24 hours to go and he will leave. I am trying so hard to stay strong and not get down. I know I can do this, heck I have to...but I can! The kids and I are tougher than I give us credit for and we will be okay...There is no replacement for Brandon or no way to ignore the vast hole that will be in our daily lives for the next 4 months...but I know that we will only learn to appreciate our time together more when he comes home.
Thank you to everyone that has sent me their love and thoughts, even if I can't respond now, it means a lot to know you are there and I am so thankful for your support and love...






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog as always was beautiful, informative, but sad. I know this won't be easy for any of you, but you do have the love and support of your family ALWAYS. Love, Mom

Kelley said...

I'm happy to hear that there are more people willing to help. But you are right, you will need some people to just help pass the time. I hope that all goes better than you think.

The webcam will be a big help...and having Brandon record some stories, what a great idea! You guys will make it through, I think the kids may surprise you...

May Brandon have safe travels, and a safe deployment...

AprilJ said...

Ah Susan... I know how hard these days before the deployment are. My heart is heavy for you... know that I'm thinking of you all the way up here at the North Pole and that you have a bedroom if you get desperate enough to travel to AK with 2 kiddos :) Love you, girl! (I'm WAY behind on blog reading and FB, the inlaws have been here for 10 days). xoxo.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.