Friday, September 19, 2008

TGIF

Well it is Friday night...time for slumber party with Zach and I am excited. He had a great week. He did so well with school and with things around the house...just a really good week for us. I am so proud of this little guy for all he is doing and how mature he is becoming about some things. He did get a bit upset in the bathtub tonight, but I think he is just so ready for Erin to get to bed and him to have his special night.  I am glad it means so much to him and I have been able to help him in some way.
Met with the behavioral person today...not sure yet what to think about her or how this will all work out. I know that I could use help in some areas, but honestly our worst issues were 6-8 months ago.  I will take what I can get though and not complain a bit.  She was just an odd duck and not sure how educated she is in some areas...but it was one meeting, keeping an open mind.
Erin had another short nap...woken by this ladies loud laughter and Zach bouncing a ball...so she is off to bed in a minute and then we will have our night...
My sweet husband called the flight doctor office today to ask them again why when I asked to see my GYN early for my annual exam due to issues I have been having why I wasn't given a referral...so I have an appointment with the flight doctor Monday.  While he meant well, it wasn't exactly what I wanted.  Oh well.  I will take the help and try to be thankful.  :)  I need to get some things figured out for the holidays with the kids...we have Tricare Prime, so we need referrals to see doctors....if we had standard we couldn't use the base doctors and living in a semi remote place we need that for the kids...if I switch I can't switch back for a year...so much to figure out. I don't want to be heading to the ER every time someone gets sick when we are in NC for the holidays....and we know someone will get sick, it happens.  
Not much else to report...2 weeks from tomorrow and my parents will be here. Yeah.  I am excited to have them here and so is Zach...Erin has no idea, but will love it all the same.  
Off to say good night and snuggle...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Zach is so lucky to have you for a mom and that you work so hard to get him what he needs!

Karla said...

I'm so glad your parents are coming soon! It always helps to have something to look forward to. Mine are coming out from 10/28-12/2.
I can't wait!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great week for you. I am so very proud of you!!! Hope a nice surprise comes out of this weekend as I know they must be dull. See you two weeks from today.:) Love you......

AprilJ said...

Susan, you're plugging away.. I have to admit that I let Kara have a slumber party every night Clayton was gone (meaning she slept in my room w/me until he came home... like 7 months in all). I hope your weekend was really pleasant. Miss you and, will say again, that you are what a hero looks like to me.