Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another day behind us...

Today was Preschool in Palmdale for Zach and Erin got to stay home and play with her Erin...she apparently had a great day and was giggly and fun, but also did something to Erin that is new...bite. Oh my kids! When I got home she was napping and when she woke up wasn't as giggly with me as described above...she was pretty fussy and actually threw a few small tantrums...these have been starting over the past few weeks...learning from Zachary I am sure. I am hopeful she was tired and possibly getting a new tooth, since this is super out of her character...notice the second picture below of her wailing at me...she tries so hard to do things she is not big enough to do and has been getting very upset when told no. Oh the joy...
Zach had an okay day...not as great as yesterday, but not a bad day. He seemed tired on the ride back from school and didn't eat well at all today. He wouldn't take a nap and whined a lot later in the day about some things, but nothing too bad. We had one issue tonight where he was sent to his room, but all in all he handled it okay. He did do an amazing job on his homework from speech school...I was so proud of him. We sat at the table and worked on it together, he was so excited about it too...very cute. One of Erin's moments of being mad at me came when her brother and I were at the table without her...oh my Erin...
We had a good bath time and after I gave the kids a treat...I knew Erin had a rough day and was crabby and Zach had a few moments of just being upset...I thought it would be a good way to break them into the daddy time here...I got Zach's calender out and he marked the days off for yesterday and today with his marker...then we sat down and I turned on the DVD Brandon made them of him reading books...Erin giggled and walked up to the TV to see it closer, cute and expected. Zachary sat in silence with the biggest, sweetest smile on his face. He was so happy. He took my hand and squeezed it tight and just watched. I put Erin down first and took some time to lay down with Zach in his room. We talked and cuddled and it was great. He seemed happy and a bit relieved to have his "daddy time". I am glad we have that for them...
So tomorrow starts my long weekend of yuck...He is out of school at 11...I had plans with someone for a play date, but it fell through since her son is sick...no sick kids for me yet please! I have dinner plans for Sunday....I think I will get Zach's hair cut at the BX Saturday and maybe run to town to a park on Sunday AM...who knows...just hoping to keep us all busy...seems to make us happier. :)
So enjoy the few photos below...for those of you curious, this is my last communication with Brandon, a text from his phone to my email this AM...
I'm just leaving Rockford IL and going to Iceland, Budapest and then to Al Udied. I'll call as soon as I can I love you XOXOXO
No news is good news, so I am hoping to hear from him tomorrow...

Daddy and Zach the night before he left...
My unhappy daughter...oh Erin!!!

Their first glimpse of Daddy on the DVD...oh those faces!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, you're doing it! No more dreading, just doing! Now it's just the countdown to come home instead of leaving, which is much better! We did the video thing last time and it back fired badly. Ellie would just cry and cry everytime she saw daddy. I'm a little hesitant to bring it out this time. She saw him on the webcam and was good at first then started to cry. For her, avoidance is the best. Easton loved seeing him on the web cam though, so how do I make both kids happy? I'm doing my best to smother them with love and keeping everyone really busy!Sounds like your plan too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks like Zachary and Erin enjoyed the DVD of daddy. What a great idea! Well another day behind you and all in all it didn't sound awful. Know weekends are the rough times, but also know you will handle it beautifully and with loads of love as you always do. Remember take those deep breaths....:) The calvery will be there soon. Much love, Nestie

Kelley said...

They sure look happy to see Daddy on the video! What a great idea.

AprilJ said...

I have to agree w/Christina... at least now the dreading part is over and you can get the whole business underway. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get into your new routine quickly. I can't agree more about weekends being the worst!! I was lucky enough to have a friend in TX whose husband was gone a lot on the weekends. Maybe you'll find someone like that close to you... hang in there. Those of us in the AF have been there and will go there again :)