Friday, September 26, 2008

A few things...

* First I want to say Happy Anniversary to my parents...I can't wait to see you a week from tomorrow.  All of us are thrilled you are taking time to come to the middle of no where and hang out with us right now...thank you!!!
* Got my hair cut today...First time in a while not sure if I like it...maybe too short, maybe too layered...I have no idea...
* Maybe I am grumpy from 2 weeks of being woken up before 6 AM...I am grumpy tonight.
* Glad my friend April found her cat Snackie...I love Snackie!
* Got some photos from Photoworks today and excited to finish up some scrapbook pages when I have time.  
* Zach was super tired today...took a nap and in bed early...not sure if it is the busy weeks or being back on his Zyrtec...Hopefully nothing more than that.  
* Unsure of the weekend plans.  Invited to a birthday party on Sunday in town, but it is during Erin's nap time and for someone Zach goes to preschool with, but I don't really know...so I might play that one by ear and see how we are feeling and behaving. :)
* IEP went well. We had no changes and all reports were positive about his progress, maturity and abilities.  Academics are above his age, social skills are catching up...he now will join in and initiate play with others but has a hard time when other initiate with him and he isn't interested...not sure how to react I guess.  His behavior is much improved...less meltdowns and tantrums.  Still fidgets a lot and squirmy when asked to do auditory based tasks. He has auditory processing deficit...I think that is what they called it.  So right now we are pushing for Kindergarten in a year and see if he can progress enough in behavior to get there.  His OT (occupational therapy) part will be done on October 17th since she was unable to make the meeting and I am pushing for him to get that service and they say he doesn't need it....
Okay...off to watch tv...then bed...I am pooped!!!!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that you hair looks great. Happy April found Snackie. Forget the birthday party - you don't need another trip to Palmdale. Get much needed rest and see you in one week....:) Love you.

AprilJ said...

Happy Anniv. Dr and Mrs Boyer! Agree w/your mom about another car trip, especially during nap time. Save the gas and use it to go for a facial or something with your mom when she's in town :)