Thursday, September 18, 2008

Almost the weekend...

Finally some photos! I took some pictures tonight and decided just to post them before I forget, it gets late or something else comes up...so here they are...
We are all doing well and so far things are going okay for us. The behavioral therapist is supposed to meet us tomorrow at 11 AM, so we will see how that goes and if it has been worth the long wait. His IEP is next week and I plan to do some studying and homework to get ready for it...I have all the CA laws and I am ready.
I got a call from my mom today that made me sad...please keep her and my grandmother in your thoughts. Apparently my grandmother wandered away from her assisted living center in San Rafael and was luckily brought back safely. However they have no placed her in the Care Unit where she is no longer in her own room (the room she has been in since moving in there 7-8 years ago). She also has a monitor now that she must wear...that part I actually think is a good idea and if they had put one on her before...she has wandered previously...then this might have been avoided. She is 94...it is sad to think of her being placed somewhere and probably scared. I don't feel like going into more details of the ordeal, but I know my mom is very upset tonight and I wish I could do more for her and my grandmother. So...good thoughts would be much appreciated.
A friend of ours from our TPS class lost her husband last week and I read the obituary today...so very sad...he was in his 30's.
A friend here had a big scare on Monday...their dog was attacked in the back yard by a coyote. We have had coyotes running all over this base....with abandoned houses they are walking in housing areas like it is no big deal. This is the first I heard of something being hurt...the dog is severely injured and might not make it. I am much more careful of having Sally out at night and even let her in during the day when we are not home. I worry so much about the kids too.
Went to town today with Erin since her sitter had plans. We went to the park and met Brandon's commander's wife. It was a nice outing and so nice to hang out with her...she is super nice and has a little one not much older than Erin. We had a nice day in town and it was fun to have my buddy with me. She didn't get more than a 40 minute nap, so it goes to only justify whey I don't take her with me...
No plans for the weekend, so we might head to a park in town Sunday AM and play...otherwise we don't have anything going on and that sounds good to me. Zach has been good all week and done well at school...so unless tomorrow is an utter disaster, we are having our slumber party again. I am actually excited!
Enjoy the photos below....
Erin...one sock, no pants, no diaper...my little mess...
Playing together in Zachary 's room...we had all the toys out it seemed...lots of fun though!
More playing, sharing and fun...
Smiley boy....
The ladies...she is such a goof....love it.
She found two of my purses in my closet and came out with them around her neck...wore them all afternoon...
Strolling with her bags...
Cuties....


3 comments:

AprilJ said...

The pictures are so good!! Sounds like you're hitting your stride with the deployment? Hang in there... thinking of you (and the kitten Erin is going to get for Christmas!!) often. hugs :)

(Mrs. B, tell Dr. B that he's right, Erin NEEDS a kitty)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts in your blog. Rough night here. However woke up to super pictures. Zachary is getting so tall and Erin is just a funny doll. See you in 15 days...:):) Love you. Mom

Kelley said...

Cute pics! But very scary about the coyotes! Keep safe. And I will definitely keep your grandma in my thoughts, that is horribly scary too. Lots of things to worry about, but enjoy that slumber party!