Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another weekend down...

Today was a good day...we did nothing and it was great.  We got up and had breakfast...lazy AM with cartoons and playing.  Zach asked to call Grandpa right when he got up...so sweet.  Got out the Aquadoodle that we haven't played with in almost a year I think...that led to an hour of playing...then we headed outside to play. I cleaned the porch, Sally's kennel and the kids toys off while they played.  Zach picked out his outfit and dressed himself...awesome!  We then blew bubbles for a long time.  Always a winner. Finally Erin was done and ready for a nap.  She went down and Zach asked if he could make muffins with me.   We made them together and even got him to eat one.  He chatted with my parents again...second requested call in one day. We then played and hung out until Erin woke up...then played some more and had dinner...bike ride, tubbie and early bed.  Zach was pooped and clearly ready for bed at 7:00, but went down a bit later.  Erin fought me a bit, but was equally as ready.  She has just not been herself, but didn't have a bad day...I see no signs of something being wrong with her, so I am not super concerned...just not my Erin.  Busy week ahead...tomorrow...Zach has school in the AM...I go to the Dr. at 9...Brandon called and made a stink with the flight clinic about some things, so I am now going in there tomorrow even though I feel fine right now...of course I feel good now....so I will take Erin with me...then Zach has gymnastics at 2 and Erin will watch Erin for me so my little one isn't in a stroller for two long stretches of the day and upset with me.  So...should be a busy day, which are good and make our days go by quicker.  It was a super uneventful weekend here, but good. I think my friends have already forgotten we are alone!  I am okay with that really.  The three of us do well together and are pretty content with our routine.  Then we have Zach's IEP on Thursday in Boron...so Erin will watch both kids while I go there, so she will be with little Erin from 8-1 and then here for me to go there...appointment at 2:30.  I have a hair appointment on Friday AM and a sitter for the kids then too...birthday party in town on Sunday.  So all in all lots to do.  And in two weeks my mom and dad are coming...yeah! So we have a lot to be excited about and get ready for.  I got in the mood with some cooler weather this weekend and put out my Fall things...new flag, wreath, decorations and my big find at Target last year on clearance...a grapevine pumpkin with white lights...on my porch and so cute!  I love this time of year and enjoy getting all ready for it.  I planed new flowers and just enjoy the changes...even though we have NO trees now and it never feels like seasons change here in the Mojave except for temperatures...I enjoy it as much as I can.  Off to watch Army Wives and bed...big morning...

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Sounds like a busy week ahead!! But you're right, busy days make the time go quickly and that is a very good thing...

Anonymous said...

Hope Zachary is still enjoying the muffins..:) Maybe a future chef! Have a good week. I know it is busy but those are always the best. Keep us posted as to the doctor's appt. Love you super mom.

Unknown said...

I love Army Wives!! I know you had a tough Monday, hang in there!