Saturday, September 20, 2008

Slumber party recap and updates...

Just wanted to share some cute photos tonight from last night and an quick update...
Our Friday slumber party was awesome...Zach and I got a chance to go outside and look at some stars while supervising Sally...I am scared to let her out at night now after the coyote attack. We looked up and saw a million stars...one nice thing about living in no man's land...it was so pretty and he just loved it. We came in and watch a show in my room and then out went the lights, cuddles and talking. He got up and gave Sally a kiss goodnight, she sleeps on the floor on her bed...it was so sweet. All in all great night.
Today Miss Erin had a rough day....huge, massive, awful meltdown this AM. A better afternoon, but not great. She is not acting like her normal self. I am hoping it is nothing big. She is just into and on everything and getting herself in a world of trouble...otherwise she could kill herself climbing on some of the stuff she is onto...so she isn't too happy with me, but I would rather have her mad than hurt...just the start of many years of mother daughter fights I see ahead for us. She is just such a determined and capable little girl for her size and age and tries so hard to copy her brother. Oh my Erin...she is still so cute and sweet even when she is an awful pill all day long...
Zach has had a great week and is doing so well in so many areas...I am beyond thrilled to see him do some things and act like he is...
He was finally able to take his bike helmet off by himself since Brandon left...he didn't want to try forever and then literally when I tried to make him, couldn't get his fingers to grasp it correctly...I made him battle it out one night and after tears and yelling, he did it...now he does it daily with no issues. He has started to play in his room with toys so that he can have alone time with toys he likes and that he doesn't want to share. I told him that I wouldn't tolerate the fighting with Erin over toys all the time, so he was allowed to pick some to take to his room...it has worked out so well...Erin hasn't noticed them missing and he has time alone, mommy has time alone...we all win. He has started to use the phrase, "I don't know". This is new. Before if I asked a question and he didn't know he would get upset. Now, within the last 7-10 days he has said this to me. It is awesome and oh so cute. He is taking charge with Erin a lot...helping do things with and for her...holding her hand without being asked to go places...very attentive. Putting on his own socks and shoes without a battle. Washing his own hair and dumping the water on his head...also washes Erin's. Just so many awesome things. I am so overflowing with pride for him. I know it seems like small potatoes, but he really has struggled with some of these things. The hair washing used to make him scream...one night he did it himself and that was that.
So hoping for a happier Erin tomorrow and more great weather. Finally feeling like Fall here...

Zach from yesterday...
Miss Erin and her thumb...and Boo Boo...
Mommy and Zach on slumber party night....
Huge fun and lots of smiles...

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Glad you guys enjoyed the slumber party! Love that last pic, it definitely says "mommy is having FUN!" Hope that little Pill is in a better mood tomorrow!!!