Sunday, September 7, 2008

Quick one tonight!

Today went well...we had a low key AM again...Zach watched TV and hung out in his jammies forever...played on the computer, just enjoyed being home. Erin went down for a nap and I let her sleep until about 1:40, then got her up and headed to Rosamond. It is about 25 minutes from the house, the town just outside the west gate of the base. It is a small town with not much there, but we have friends that moved there last winter...they have a son one year younger than Zach, Jack. And their youngest was due on the same day as Erin, but Erin was born via c-section 10 days earlier. They knew us in Abilene and the guys are good friends...so I was happy to get to go hang out for a bit. We stayed about two hours...Erin and Sam both suffered minor injuries from being the little ones stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time. :) Zach had a blast and as always asked to go back soon...he is getting to be so social...loves the times we have play dates and super interested in seeing his friends. Tonight we did our usual walk to the mail box and around the neighborhood....I mailed things so we still had a reason to go...Zach asked to ride his scooter tonight. I said yes and was worried he wouldn't make it far...he did the whole neighborhood on it...he is getting so big. He and Erin both had a good day and night and are being so good about so many things...Erin is having a not wanting to sleep night, I think she is cutting some new teeth...the drool is everywhere.
All of us had a nice treat today...we got home and I got online to check my email...noticed Brandon on the facebook site...he then called me using Skype...we got to use the webcams and chat with both kids up and around. His schedule at work is 2-12 right now, so it was 4 Am there and he was up...so it worked out for us. We didn't talk super long, his computer was about to run out of batteries...but we had some time to talk and see each other and that was awesome. Erin was glued to the computer and so excited. Zach smiled and laughed, gave him high fives, hugs and kisses. It was super to see them both get so excited about it...even Sally came in the room and got some face time.
All in all the weekend went really well. We were lucky to have great friends step and offer to hang out with us...honestly the hour or two out of the house made the difference for us and was great. Tomorrow we have school, gymnastics and I think the behavioral case worker is stopping by to meet me. Ironically most of Zach's issues we had such concerns about a few months ago are under control right now and we have worked hard to do things at home to help him. I still hear the same complaints at school that he figits and squirms, but not as much as I was last spring and over the summer...I am also not hearing about him throwing fits there...so we will see what I can get out of this...I refused to sign his IEP from the school...after much thought I felt like that the results in that one area were bad enough that they need to justify better to me why they feel he doesn't need services. I worked with him on a basic skills board this weekend and while he can't do much of it with ease, he was able to try on some of them and let me help him so he will be more willing to work on it more with me...
I better go try to get my crazy daughter to bed now...she is a silly goose!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your last post to me was so funny!!! It wasn't till I read my father in laws post that I realized in never occured to me that it could have been dangerous! Anyway, you got through your first weekend! Yeah!! I got a blog question...how do you mute your music on the blog. I'm sure mine is insanely annoying that it always automatically comes on. I see yours is paused unless you press play. How do you do that?

AprilJ said...

Yea!! Your first weekend is over. I hope you had some time to yourself after the kiddos were in bed. The last time Clayton was gone for a stretch, I watched all 6 seasons of Sex and the City after my kids were in bed.. you know, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Anonymous said...

So happy that you had a good weekend and the children enjoyed their outings with friends. Happier yet that the family got to see and hear Sparky. What a thrill for all of you - yes even Sally. Love you..........Mom