Saturday, September 13, 2008

Clean makes me happy...

Well we had a good Saturday...very good in fact.  I am feeling a million times better and so thankful.  I had a wonderful night with Zachary and I can say my idea of a slumber party was just what we both needed.  Some alone time is always something that seems to pep him up and help us take that time to not get so frustrated with each other.  We can butt heads with the best of them, but Zach is just amazing and I adore him...so when I see him lose his way it is nice to help him back.  This morning we had pancakes and cartoon time...then Erin was having a rough AM...napped super early and only for a short time...so after she got up my day was a mess...I decided to clean like a mad woman...it was great.  The kids stayed busy with things and really let me clean without bugging me....amazing I know.  I was able to get so much done and Zach really helped entertain Erin a lot. I dusted, vacuumed, moped, did laundry, cleaned sheets, cleaned bathrooms, the kitchen...you name it.  Erin (that watches Erin) called and we made plans to get together at 2...she and her husband came by and we surprised Zach with a trip to go bowling at the bowling alley on base. This is typically a Daddy and Zach activity, so a big treat to go with me. He was so excited he couldn't stop smiling and dancing around.  It was great.  Erin lasted one game and came home with Erin...she has just been fussy all day...teething,a diaper rash and missing daddy are all playing a part of it.  Zach was good and had so much fun.  We got home and decided to forgo a dinner invite since Erin was fussy and I wasn't in the mood to chase them around instead of eating.  Brandon actually called when we would have been at dinner, so it was perfect we didn't go.  
So, I have a super clean house, spoke to Brandon again and my kids had a fun day...well more Zach than Erin, but I will take it....They both are loving the sand box and time playing together.  So cute to see them really bonding and starting to play with each other.  Zach is very happy to have a friend in Erin now and has been a huge help to me lately.  I am so proud of both of them....
So off to get them in bed early and mommy some me time...yeah!  

4 comments:

Karla said...

I'm so happy that y'all had a good day! Can you come over and clean my house? I CANNOT for the life of me get the smell of dried pee out of my downstairs bathroom. Thank you, Griffin!

AprilJ said...

Congrats on making through another Saturday. They're the worst. Sounds like you even had a good day so that's even better. Hugs :)

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled to hear that you and the children had such a good day! Wow a call from Sparky and a super clean house, not to mention super sweet children. What more can you ask for ---- maybe more Saturdays like this......! Love You..:):):)

Kelley said...

Well, it sounds like a pretty good weekend was had by all! And a clean house too...you go girl!