Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My musings...

Today was a pretty typical Tuesday...Zach has preschool in Palmdale every Tue/Thr. Erin now stays home with her sitter (I hate calling her that since she is really becoming my friend and does so much with Erin)...she is really getting a lot out of being able to stay home and not run around with me...better naps, eating better and able to do some fun things...plus learning Mommy isn't the only one that can take care of her. Erin is awesome with her and I am so thankful to have her in our lives right now. She is a blessing for sure...
Zach had a good day at school...at first he was a bit apprehensive since his teacher was busy with a meeting and he had to go to a new room and wait...but he saw his friends and warmed up once one came over and said hi to him. He then waved at me and said, "You can go now." Gotta love it. He got Panera for lunch and so did I...yummy! I love their soups! On the way home he said, "Mommy, where did my pretty green trees go?" I was impressed with his big sentence, but so sad that he said that...being back in NC only further reminded all the kids really miss out on living here...it isn't just being in a city and having those amenities. It isn't just that we are so far from family being here. It is the little things...It just makes me sad.
On another sad note...my mom told me dad met with his neurologist today and he has decided to go ahead and have back surgery...he has been having issues for a while now and they are affecting him more and more...a lot to go into...but he will have it on Monday...all of you that read this, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers...he means the world to me and I just want him to be okay and feel okay. I hate that he has to go through this, but hopefully it will ease his suffering.
Brandon is supposed to fly to Abilene at some point this week...as always the B-1 is a bit unreliable and the plans continue to move around and make it hard for us to make plans. I would love to keep our weekends full and busy until he leaves. It is so sad to think he has such little time left before he leave. I was at Sams today and just got a wave of sadness looking at stuff...just knowing it will be 4 months before I go out and buy his favorite things for dinner, etc. Just made me think...
I am not unaware that this deployment is more scary for me than before...two kids, one with special needs, living far away from family and having limited friends here...I try not to dwell on it, but today it just hit more...I will try tomorrow not let it get me down!
Not much else to report today...Zach is still off on his sleep here...woke up Sunday and Monday around 5 AM and today at 6:30...usually he is the late riser of the crew...Hoping he gets his clock back on track soon. He has been so wound up lately...ADD and Autism are not the best mix, so I am hoping that I don't have both on my hands.
Okay...I am off to fold the rest of my laundry and clean up my beautiful mess of a house. More tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again a lovely and most informative blog. I love you my Cara..................Mom

Karla said...

I'll be thinking of your dad and praying he has a smooth and easy recovery. I'm sure he'll be anxious to get all healed up so he can play with your adorable kids again.
Miss ya, buddy!

Kelley said...

One of those days for you...hang in there girl.

Sorry to hear about your dad...I hope that the surgery goes well...