Thursday, July 24, 2008

Another day...









Nothing super excited to share today...Zach had preschool in town this AM...Erin stayed home with Erin and I did my standard shopping and return rituals...I got to his school a bit early and planned to balance the checkbook from the above mentioned activities and to read my book...his teacher came to the car and told me he had a rough day. Ugh. She is usally the kinds of person to down play a lot of things, so it isn't usual to hear her say anything like that and she adores Zachary. Well apparently she went on break and he wasn't happy with her and let her know it. Oh I am now so nervous about him moving to the 4 year old room in a few weeks...his last day with Miss Jennifer is on August 8 and then he will go the new room on the 11th. He starts back at his special ed preschool through the school district on the 18th...I am excited for him to be back in school daily...I think it helps him so much to have that routine, direction and outside stimulation. In reference to my past emails...with me not having a ton of close friends, my kids then don't get to get out and have play dates, etc. So...school is a big deal for us.
Anyhow...the rest of the day went well. He actually acted well for me. We watched some tv and had lunch...then filled out the baby fold up pool out back and the fun splash pad and headed out to play. It was super hot, so we didn't go out until close to 4...still 106 at the time...Erin lasted about 20 minutes and then was done...she came in for a nap and then I continued out there with Zach until almost 6. He had so much fun and was interacting and being good...so I just soaked it and the sun up! He and I actually are one shade above pasty white now. :) Then we had dinner and some more tv while I chatted on the phone for a bit...then we took Sally for a stroll. I was so proud of myself. I asked if he wanted to walk the dog or ride his bike...he chose the dog and I started to second guess giving him a choice. It isn't easy to push the stroller walk Sally and have Zach holding the other leash at the same time (we hook Sally up to two leashes so Zach is walking her, but not really in total control of her). But, then I thought, I have to learn to do this stuff and be okay with it...I can do this and be okay with it. I will do this...and I did. It wasn't bad. We only had one time we had to stop and discuss the fact it isn't funny to make Sally choke...then it was home to tubbie and bed. He didn't want to get in the tub and I knew he was over tired, but I held my ground, both got bathed and he is off in bed....Erin is still up! Seriously!
So above are a few photos from the pool time today...Zachary likes to make the play slide his water slide...can't argue with that logic...Erin is just full of personality! Brandon should be home later tonight I hope...he flew to Abilene yesterday AM and was due in around 5 tonight, but delays have changed things...so we will see...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of the children in and around the pool. Your blog continues to be of excellent quality. I love you so much Cara. Mom oxoxoxoxoxoxo