Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Completely self serving post...

WE own the 4Runner! We paid it off one year early and now we proudly own two cars....granted one is 8 years old and the other is almost 6, we own them and they are both in very good condition...so nice to be done with that payment and to own both cars! Granted we now are placing that money to pay for a part time "nanny" to help me with the kids while Brandon is deployed, but oh well. I have hired someone, also named Erin, to help me. Her husband works with Brandon...she has an early education background and is great with the kids. She will be watching Erin when Zach goes to school in Palmdale Tuesday and Thursday...basically Erin was getting to big and busy just to drag around town for those 4 hours two days a week and it was very unfair to her. She is such a happy girl and this way she can have time to enjoy things for her, not have to miss a nap and get meals that aren't on the go. I had looked at day cares and preschools, but nothing that I was happy wtih taking her to and nothing that was affordable for the time she would be there. She will also watch her when Zach has his therapies. I took Erin a few weeks ago and having her there was a big distraction for everyone. So...it will help keep Zach on track and give Erin some one on one time with another adult...something she will need more and more wtih Brandon gone. Erin will also be available to help me with both kids or even watch Zach...just a huge bonus to our household in during this time. I am excited to have her! So...I felt the desire to share that...
Gotta get Zach on the "white van 41" to speech school.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Yay for the 4Runner! It is such a great feeling to pay off a car. That's a whole lot of extra money every month. And it sounds like you're going to spend it wisely too! GOOD FOR YOU, getting some help while Brandon is deployed. That's what I need to get...a "nanny" who is more just for doing the carting around!!!