Sunday, August 3, 2008

San Diego...

Well we are back from San Diego...Always hard to come back here after being down there. So pretty! We are actually going back next weekend...I know we are nuts. We went to the Navy base there and checked out their lodging and it was nice...we then called the NAS (Naval Air Station on Coronado Island). We have tried to get lodging there several times and haven't been able to...got something for Saturday...so we plan to head down that AM and come back Sunday...super rates on the rooms and it is ocean side!!! We didn't make it to sea world this trip, so we will hit that first...once Zach sees the beach we are pretty much beach bums...
We had a nice time, the hotel was okay...usual find online...not as pretty as the pictures show and lacking some of the basic amenities I think resorts should have. It was clean and the Island it was on was quaint and very cute...but wouldn't stay again at that specific hotel. But we had a blast and were out most of the time, so it was fine...
Zach as always loves the beach, loves the water and is so happy to be there...me too! We are so much the same about that. Erin is still not sold on the super cold water, but loves wandering the coast and is always happy when there are oodles of people chatting to her. She played a ton in the sand, ate and was just pretty content. We had a nice time and all came back with nice tans. We just love the laid back atmosphere of San Diego...it is a fun place to go and we are glad we can get there pretty easily from here. Here are some photos from our trip...

Erin with sloppy sand on her face..didn't mind a bit...
We believe him to be the sand thrower...oh Zachary...

She took her toys and marched off to another spot...
I love the beach...I love the smell, the sound, the feel...love it all! I need a beach house!
Smiley and happy and in San Diego...
Okay...this was the cutest thing and a bit sad all in one. Most kids make snow angels...well I guess kids that grow up in a desert don't see snow, so the next best thing is, sand angels...here is Zach's interpretations....




Erin and I in front of the Marina...this was located around our hotel...pretty spot, Shelter Island is super cute, but the hotel, not so much...You learn!
Still not sold on the cold Pacific waters...
Zach is like me, a beach is a beach...go forth and enjoy!
She enjoyed sand castle time with daddy a lot.

So that was our trip in a nut shell...no major issues or problems and we are excited to head back next weekend. We are enjoying all we can while we can!
I will try to post my scrapbook photos tomorrow...I didn't want to really overload the world with photos tonight...but I did finish it Thursday night! SO happy to have that done and I really like it.
I am off to bed now...long day for me and tomorrow we are going to try to run into town for a bit in the AM while Brandon is home...I have a bone to pick with Zach's preschool. After two formal requests of what room I want him in the fall, they wait until the week before to send the letters home with the class information...not the room I wanted him in, not even my second choice...I am not happy at all and plan to let them know. So, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Looks like a really great trip (minus the hotel, eh?) Love the photos, especially the sand angel! Too cute. Looks like fun was had by all.