Thursday, August 21, 2008

Making progress...

I feel so boring this week...nothing too exciting to post about...I took some cute photos of Erin tonight, but didn't have time to upload them yet. Will do that tomorrow for sure.
I took Zach to school today and stuck to my plan to go do a long walk at the park...yeah! The weather was beautiful. That part of Palmdale is actually semi pretty, so it was a nice walk and the sky was just breathtaking blue...love those days. Not too much wind, but enough to make it nice. I did 3 miles and felt great. I was a bit bummed that last night my IPod went on strike...it had to be reloaded...okay to be fair I rarely use the thing, but it still made me mad today that my standard play list I like to walk to was no more. So, I just walked my butt off to my Dave Mathews albums on there and that was fine.
Side note...so sad to learn of the death of their saxophone player Tuesday...he was one of the original band members...for anyone that does not know...I LOVE Dave Mathews. I am a huge fan...been to over 5 concerts I think...just love him and the band...very sad news!
So, I will need to get my IPod back on track...I am not a technological person, my husband is. I forget to charge my cell phone...thank God for car chargers so I can charge it on the way to town. I love my email, facebook, ebay, etc...but that doesn't mean I am super into gadgets...Just figured out a few websites. :)
Brandon took Zach bowling tonight on base...he loves to go bowling (throwing marbles). Good daddy time too. No matter how much I am trying to approach the subject of Brandon leaving, I feel like I am getting no where with him. In the end I think he will have to just have it happen to get it and I hate that for him. It is going to be so hard for him to understand and I just hate that he and Erin have to be without Brandon...I am an adult. It sucks for me and I will miss him, but I understand this is his job and will cope as best I can. They will just miss their dad!
Got a few books I ordered online today...yeah! More things to keep me occupied at night and on down time.
Got information about things on base too...Plan to try taking Zach to gymnastics on base on M/W from 2-2:50. There isn't anything offered for Erin (that is who I had hoped to get into it), but they have something for his age group and honestly he is not super coordinated, so I am hoping this will help. Found out the pool is open some good hours starting after labor day and we can take part in going there...hoping I can convince some of my girlfriends without kids to assist me on a few occasions. :) All in all I am making progress with some things.
Found out that Zach will qualify for a casework from the county (Kern County). He will be given a case worker out of Tehachapi...area about 45 minutes north of us. That person should then help us set up behavioral therapy. Finally some progress...should hear from that in about 3 weeks. Also copied the Rules and Regulations for CA laws for kids with disabilities...plan to be prepared for his IEP meeting next month...and placing that big book on the table next to me will show them I mean business...
Brandon has a lot on his to do list before he leaves...I better go and get some of my things done too...Photos tomorrow I promise.

No comments: