Wednesday, August 6, 2008

yucky sick...

Well I am feeling a bit under the weather today...head cold...always a thrill. Zach has his usual hacking cough...Erin has her usual nasty runny nose and I have both. Lovely. Oh well. It happens!
Zach had speech tonight with Miss Gerri. Despite driving into town the whole way yawning and telling me nine million times he was tired, he had a very good night. She did a lot of play things with him tonight and he is loving that. She is working a lot on trying to teach him how to be socially appropriate...taking turns, winning, losing, sharing, how to initiate play, pretend play, etc. He has just started doing pretend stuff and it is so fun to watch. Today he was a monster under his blanket...it was fun until he tripped and fell into me and smacked my face...then we played doctor to fix broken mommy. :) Erin had a fussy day...she is drooling like a mad women and has her nasty nose, so she wasn't typical Erin today. But, she did do some cute things. She picked up Zach's recorder (I have a big tub of instruments for them to play with) and blew into it...she was so excited that it made a big sound she did a million more times. Very cool to see her do this...Zach wasn't able to do that until this past year. I also said something about giving her a kiss and she walked over to me and put her mouth to mine...so sweet (minus the snotty nose - no wonder I am sick). Just so cool to see her receptive language develop. She said Nana over the weekend, so she is working toward mama. Zachary told her, "No, it is Mama Erin." I chuckled since this is the boy that up until last summer, called me Rarry.
Here are a few photos of the day...Zach was working on some crafts and Erin of course had to hone in on it...climbed in the chair next to him and tried to do her own. Miss busy. I got this fun stencils like what he uses at preschool (ebay rocks)...he was so excited! He told me he was working on his project. They played out back for a bit tonight too...so hot today, so it was their first outside time. Our grass again is on death's doorstep. I might not have to worry about mowing if it keeps looking like this...
I am off to sleep with the help of head cold drugs...oh to breath would be nice!

Zach shooting hoops...yes, he is very close, just happy to see him doing this!
My silly little man...love that face!
Sick, but smiley...
Craft time together...


2 comments:

Kelley said...

Sorry to hear you all aren't feeling well! Hope it passes soon. It's so great to hear about Zach's progress. And Erin's too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara, I hate that you are all sick, but you made me laugh which I need. So happy about Zachary's "new" works in progress due to Miss Gerri and you of course. Erin is just getting into all aspects of music. I love it!! As always love the pictures. Get well soon. Love you.