Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just my thoughts...

Okay...after back and forth on the topic for two days we have decided not to return to SD this weekend and go on a date. Several factors. Not often do we get dates. Reality, we usually only get them when my mom and dad are around and nice enough to offer. Zach loves the couple that have offered to watch the kids, so we feel like he will have a good night too. This is a young couple we have known since we moved here and they are great to me...always there in any time of need! She is a nurse and he is a big kid...safe and fun! So dinner and a movie I think for us. I would go to San Diego a million times if we could...I would move there. Reality is that we have a lot going on and stuff we need to do. Brandon has a lot of packing and some household things we need to work on and being gone just seems to procrastinate that. Zach starts back at his speech school Monday, so I want him not over tired for that. Also...he still doesn't get some things easily...he is going to just think we do this on the weekends and expect it...so I don't want to start a routine we can't continue. We can always run to a beach next weekend if I am in dire need to see it one last time. :) So...dinner and a date...

I have been watching the Olympics at night when the kids go down...always love to watch them! I actually have a "friend" running in the women's marathon...I have known her since elementary school...used to carpool with them and she was only two years ahead of me in school...Best of luck to her...Go Blake!

Gotta say I am a bit baffled about people's shock to the issues with Russia right now. Listening to the news I just don't get it...do we teach history in school anymore. Did anyone hear of Ivan the Great, Ivan the Terrible, Stalin? (I know my dad is reading this and waiting for me to say something wrong). All I am saying is the cold war didn't end that long ago...it isn't a shock to me that a country that was so completely consumed with power and conquer wouldn't have that still in their makeup...I think we as a society should take a long look at the world right now and the powers that are rising up...history does repeat itself...we need to learn from it eventually.

Okay...I am off to work on our things to do list...I know I have a lot I want or need help with, but I will forget if I don't ask...and bed...so tired...stayed up too late watching the Olympics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again great blog. Dad loved your comments on Russia. "They are right on. Suggest Air Force transfer you to the academy in Colorado where you might give them some intelligent thought. Brandon can go along also....." Love you Cara.............Mom - Dad too

Kelley said...

Dinner and a movie will be great. What are you going to see?? Enjoy every second of that time with Brandon...