Monday, August 25, 2008

Another Monday...

Today was pretty uneventful...Zach went off to school with a new van driver and no issues. He even told her that she was a good driver on the way home...she thought he was so cute. I did get an email report later from his teacher. She said he had a hard time today that they didn't do the letter A as planned...again, kids with his issue struggle with change, so I don't know why this is so hard for his special ed teacher to get...He apparently whined and even cried a bit, but wasn't awful...so to me that is progress. Whatever...I have taken a new approach...what he does at school is for them to start to address...I can't fix it once he is home and I am not there to help him deal with it. I do his homework and we talk about things, but otherwise I refuse to get upset about stuff I can't change or fix. Deep breath....
We played in the play pool out back while Erin napped and just had a lazy day...all in all good. We had dinner and a bike ride tonight and he had fun with that.
Tomorrow I get my stitches out in the morning while he is at school. That office is overbooked and super busy, so I will get nothing else done I am sure. Brandon has a flight tomorrow and will stay late to finish up work so he doesn't have to go back in the rest of the week.
Again I tried to step out of my comfort zone and reach out to friends...I know this deployment is going to be hard for me. It is unlike others before with the support of a squadron...no one else in my shoes to go through it with me. No one giving me information or offering assistance. But beyond that I am lonely here...lacking in friends to be honest. Last fall the lady that watched Zach for over 2 years moved...then we moved to a new neighborhood on base and with that our neighbors moved. Two families we were close to moved off base...A family we were really close to moved to Vegas this summer. My parents moved from AZ to NC in April...so I am feeling more alone now...I know I will be okay and can do this, it just would be easier with a better support network. I emailed two friends and basically said I know this will be hard so I would love to get together for play dates, even dinners if your husbands are TDY or will be home late some nights...anything. Here is Zach's school schedule and when we are free...didn't even mention poor Erin's naps...just hoping for offers to get together. One hasn't emailed back yet and the other spent a paragraph telling me how busy she is next month with her family in town, a trip to LA, then one to San Diego and her kids schedules down to nap times...but if I need them for an emergency don't hesitate to call. Thanks...I will be sure not to bother you if I am just in need of good ole adult conversation and oh what is that word....ah...frienship. Insert bad language here.
So...I refuse to get down and frustrated...I will stick to my schedule, try to do fun things when we can and take anyone up on any offer of fun, help, etc. I will look forward to my time in October with my parents...they don't know yet, but they might never make it off the base again once I get them here!!! :) I plan to enjoy every moment of their time and my time at Christmas. I refuse to let people get me down...My kids need me to get through this and I can do that for them and for me. I have people that love me and support me even from far away and I will let them help with love, support, phone calls, emails, whatever...
Okay...now that I have bitched and given myself a pep talk I am good...Off to watch my TV shows nicely recorded by me beloved DVR and head to bed...

2 comments:

Kelley said...

People never cease to amaze me...to have someone obviously reaching out for a little support, and to give in return the "I'm here in emergencies" speech? But too busy for anything else? Oi. Where are you living, my friend??? You must move away from there as soon as you can!!!

Anonymous said...

What lousy people. I thought the "military"family was to be there for each other. So much for that! Keep thinking October and December.........I'll send you a calander and pen to check off the dates..............:) Love you. Mom