Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Computer!

Well it sounds like my sweet husband is on the phone now with the computer people and working on my Macbook! I am excited!!!
Right now we are in the what do we need to get done mode...previously on all three other deployments my computer has broken...seriously. So this would be why the urge to get the computer now and plus this one has been acting insane for a few months...just random stuff is happening and even computer guru (Brandon) can't fix. If he can't, Lord knows I can't.
I re-learned the BBQ tonight...important. Apparently my son broke the ignitor switch on it a while back, so it is ghetto fabulous. I will add that to my wish list for our next PCS (military speak for move). Usually we save items like that for the move and spend the move money wisely. I plan to mow the lawn this week and refresh my skills on that. Funny how when Brandon is home I don't do these things. Luckily we have very little grass, so it takes moments to mow...I have people I plan to call in need if I can.
I had a busy AM...lost my cell phone...found it...I hate that! Got to preschool and scoped out the class thing. Hoping the transition won't be too much for the little man. Tried to find his new teacher to talk to her, but didn't see her...hope she is around Thursday. Went to Walmart and got groceries since the freaking commissary has been pissing me off lately. I am so irritated! Okay, I know I have stressed how far from civilization I live, so having the commissary is a real benefit...only if our commissary was ever stocked well or had produce that wasn't rotten. The last several visits just make me angry and I spend a fortune for stuff that goes bad...don't get me started on the surcharge I pay (whatever happened to tax free) and then tipping the baggers...it adds up to not much better than I can do at Walmart. If I go when he is in school it is stress free and I am in and out without much of an issue...I can handle that.
Got home and my friend who is also friends with Erin (who watches my Erin) was here. Wonderful surprise to see her. We used to live across the street in the old housing area, now she is one street down from us and man does that make a big difference. She also graduated from Nursing school and started working in the winter, so she isn't home as much. It was great to see her, catch up and chat. She is wonderful with Zach and he loves her, so a fun treat for all. She offered to watch the kids one night before Brandon leaves...I plan to take her up on it for sure. She even said we could spend the night out (we would just stay at billeting-base lodging) and she and her husband would stay here with the kids...so we will see what we can swing. It would be nice to have a night alone...
Busy tonight doing my ebay stuff...I did my sweep of the house and collected my stuff and now time to sell...I really do love ebay...I don't care much what that says about me! So I am off to list the things and get to bed at a reasonable time...maybe even watch Army Wives that I have waiting on the DVR! I tried to post my scrapbook photos again...I think the computer is anti scrapbook photos...

3 comments:

Karla said...

Can't wait to hear about the new computer. I hear Macs are awesome!

Hope Zach likes his new teacher, I'm sure he will!

Kelley said...

Yay! So happy to hear about your Macbook! And a night for just you and Brandon before he leaves...that's a good friend there, definitely take her up on it!!! Sounds like you are getting re-acquainted with the things that Brandon takes care of. Lots to do to get ready, but you guys are pros! :)

AprilJ said...

What is it with rotten and/or under-ripe produce at ALL commissaries? I bought 3 yellow onions and ALL of them were gross. And I'm way too lazy to take them back so I just throw the $$ away. The thing is, here, groceries on the outside are WAY more expensive so I'm trying to make it work.... milk is like $6/gallon and ground beef is close to $7/lb. I love Alaska.