Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I had planned to talk about something else...

Okay I planned to talk about something else tonight...I was going to bitch and moan about the 2 hours I spent at my dermatologist only to have him tell me I had to come back on Friday to get my stitches out then...I read some of my new book, My Sister's Keeper and love it...was going to chat about some things from my day...but I am shifting gears...
Brandon flew tonight and wasn't home....I had planned to stick to my schedule and have the kids in bed on time, but got sidetracked watching the Democratic National Convention...I know my kids didn't love it, but I felt like I needed to watch...I am glad I did...
Okay...for all of my republican friends...I have a lot of you...please either open your mind and hearts to appreciate my opinion for what it is, mine...don't hold against me what I think and feel...it is politics! Or stop reading now and come back tomorrow...

I am not going to be politically correct for the sake of my readers...sorry, but I refuse to censor myself. I am not 100% a democrat or 100% a republican...in all fairness my ideals fall on both sides. I do tend more often than not to find myself on the democratic side of a lot of issues, not all. I will be upfront on that and debate that if you would like...I will also be clear on the fact that I like John McCain...I think he is great man, Senator, leader and American...I would have gladly voted for him 8 years ago if he had been the nominee and not Bush...I am a proud military wife and I support my husband, our troops that serve now at home and abroad. I also have a lot of personal experience in the social services world and have opinions from that...
I have been closely watching this election process. Like I said, I like McCain...I don't like Bush.I don't like the America we have after 8 years of Bush in office. No, it isn't gas prices, or the war...I don't like his policies on a lot of things and the way he has led our country. (keep in mind readers, my blog, my opinions)! I started watching the primaries and was so interested in seeing a black man and a woman doing so well. I will be honest...I really was blown away to see that diversity and amazing progress stand in front of us as presidential hopefuls... I won't lie, I like Hillary...I would have voted for her...I don't have any reservation saying that. I am sad that I won't get the chance to in November. Not just because she is a woman, but I like what she says and stands for and I could support her ideas. When she wasn't going to be the nominee I wasn't sure if I would jump to the Obama ship or wait and see....I waited and I have watched. I am not 100% sure yet what I will do, but I do want to see changes in this country and hope we can get them. I think we have failed in so many areas domestically and abroad...systems are broken and we aren't a stable and strong nation today that we should be.
I will say I was impressed by Hillary tonight and her speech...I still like her....I am not afraid to say it or own it. I think she proved she would have made a great president and is someone that can stand alone from her husband and be a leader our country needs right now. Her speech was great. I am enjoying watching this all unfold and see America in a place where we tonight...
Republican, Democrat, Independent...American! I just want to see a better America for my two children to grow up in...a place where the school systems are not so failed that more people on this base home school then send to the public school. Where services that are supposed to be paid for federally for my son to get therapies aren't available simply because they don't the money to support them...I want to see changes in immigration laws...I won't get on my soapbox on that one tonight...I want to see things in the world change, diplomacy needs to return! I am excited by the fact we have a real election on our hands and hopefully a change to our country in 4 more months...

2 comments:

Kelley said...

That's right girl...your blog, say what you want! Thanks for sharing your opinions with us...

Unknown said...

For the first time I have no clue who to vote for! I consider myself a republican but have liked what Obama has had to say. It may be nice to have some change. I have been enjoying watching the convention. Does that make me old now when I say that? It should be an interesting couple of months until the election, that's for sure!