Sunday, August 24, 2008

fun photos...sweet moments

Just wanted to add some fun photos and sweet moments from the weekend. Time is passing way too quickly right now and I am capturing as much as I can. We had a nice weekend...Saturday Zach and Brandon went to the pool for several hours and Erin stayed home with me and napped while I did some things around the house. Today I got to take Zach while Brandon stayed home and got things done during Erin's nap time. It was nice to break up the time for us with him and also take the time to get things done around the house. Brandon got the spot light in the back yard up...we had it in the other house and it is so nice to have when it starts to get dark early here...the kids can still access the yard and play outside even after dark...without a local neighborhood park now, this is a big bonus for all of us. He also serviced the Civic at home, changed oil, fluids, inflated tires, etc. So nice to be married to someone so darn handy. This is why I get nervous when he leaves...he can fix almost anything and usually does. Literally around here if something breaks Zach turns to me and says, "Oh no it is broken....daddy will fix it." We clean out the garage a bit and have some items to give away, get rid of and get to the thrift store. The kids and I watched the Sesame Street DVD about deployments...trying to get the point to Zach. He watched it a few times and wanted a calender...the kids on there used one to cross of the days until daddy comes home...so we went and let him pick out a calender tonight in town. He seemed excited about it, so we will go with it. Got the webcam to work! Little by little things are coming together. I won't lie, I am sad and scared...but I can do this. Some days are going to be easier than others and some days I will want to crawl right back into bed...but I can do this. I am not aiming for perfection, just day by day. I have some goals while he is gone that I will try to work toward...a stack of books to read too! Before we know it January will be here!
So...the last week begins tomorrow and we are getting prepared as we can...and enjoying all we can...
Here are the photos...Erin in the tub last night...all smiles my little ham.
Yes, she really is this happy about 98% of the time...
My handsome boy...
Giving her brother love taps...

After dinner bike ride...he will be getting a new bike over the holidays since he is getting so tall!

Off he goes...
The boys...
The girls...(my house is the one directly behind me head in the background)...I kid you all not when I tell you we have no grass...enviroscape they call this...sandbox is what I call it...
Cuddle time with daddy...precious moments...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear the light is up as that will be a relief. Things sound like they are coming together but know these are bitter sweet moments. I know you are scared, but you can do this and remember you have your family and friends to help you through it. You are an incredible lady and I love you.................Nestie

Kelley said...

Great photos! It looks like you are definitely squeezing in all the great stuff before he leaves. And a Sesame Street deployment video! Who knew! What a great thing...I hope that calendar idea helps immensely! September 3 is coming quickly, and even I am beginning to feel it for you guys!!!!

Karla said...

LOVE the tub pics!! Your kids are such cuties!