Thursday, August 7, 2008

Last day of summer school...

Not much to chat about today...I have been feeling under the weather all day...Erin is worse off than Zach in the illness department and has been so fussy all day long. I hate to see her like that, but it is also so hard when I feel like crap to pep myself up for her. But, I did my best...could have been better. We had a boring day of me cleaning while they played and watched tv...argued, shared, stole, pulled, hugged, etc. It is funny to watch. Erin is actually as much of a bully if not more...she taps so hard on his head to get his attention and then she is big into pulling his hair. Which of course follows with crying and hysterics from tough guy Zach. Oh...long day! I made dinner...Brandon flew the c-17 tonight so was home late. I swear, any night I don't cook and have nothing to prepare he is home on time, if not early. I cook, he is home late. It is a fact.
Today was Zach's last day in Miss Jennifer's class...they offered summer school at his preschool and all the kids from the 3 year old class stayed in there for the summer...so it was his last day with his teacher and half of his classmates. I am sad for him since I know how very much he loved his teacher and she loved him...and he has a few friends not going in the same room. He has three boys that he is friends with going to his new room, so that should help and be good role models for him. I do like his new teacher a lot. I spoke to her this AM. I wanted to let her know about his diagnosis and be upfront. The office staff had told me not to tell the teachers last year...let them observe him themselves, etc. Well I don't think that is the best or most fair thing for the teacher or for Zachary. First the teacher has no idea that this child might need extra help in some areas and won't understand why some things are harder for him, like changes in routines really do him in. Plus for Zach, I don't want him labeled difficult or a brat if he has an issue...I want them to know where he is coming from and why he is acting the way he is. She was very kind and thanked me for talking to her. She also spoke to Jennifer and hopefully they can share information. He seemed excited tonight and when asked who's room do you go to on Tuesday for preschool, he said, "Summer school is over now. I go Miss Fabi's room....room 6 on Tuesday." Numbers are huge for him...so he associates a lot with numbers.
Got my hair cut today...love my hair dresser. The biggest love I have for this area and assignment. I love my hairdresser. She does a great job on my "unruly" hair. ( My Korean hairdresser in Abilene referred to my hair as that). She and I are going to get pedicures in two weeks...Tuesday are her day off and a day I am in town with no Erin while Zach is in school. Will be nice to do an adult outing. Her son has similar issues to Zach and is now 18...she has been in my shoes and gets it...she is great.
Not much else to report...hoping we are all healthy enough to go to San Diego again Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara, Happy to hear that Zachary is excited about Ms. Fabi and Rm. #6. Tell him that is Nowie's favorite number.:) Sounds Like Miss Erin is feeling her oats. Tell her to watch out as big bro may just bop her on her head one of these days...Feel better. Hope San Diego works out for you. Love you

Kelley said...

Glad you talked with the new teacher...I agree with you, better for everyone to be informed from the start. Also glad to hear you love your hair, and that you'll be hanging out with your hairdresser soon. You need that!