Saturday, August 30, 2008

Friday came and went...

Friday went well...Zach had a good day at school and got a good report...always nice! I took a long walk with Erin to the post office and then child development center(CDC)...I wanted to get the kids signed up for "Give Parents Break"...you can take your kids there for one Saturday a month when your spouse is deployed. I didn't use it at Dyess since Zach was so tiny, but I might here and the kids might enjoy it. Plus I wanted to get Erin set up for the option to go to hourly care if I ever need to use that while Brandon is gone. So...we will see.
Went back to my doctor to get the stitches out...another hour and a half in the waiting room...ridiculous! They are out and that is good.
Had a nice dinner last night, nice walk to the park behind the CDC with the kids...since we don't have one in the neighborhood I wanted to be able to take our nightly walk and go to a park all in one...so this one is close enough to make our walk longer and give us time to play...should be nice and add some time to that part of our night when Brandon is gone.
It was super hot the past two days here. Last night it was 99 degrees at 9 PM. Hoping for a cool down...might run to the beach tomorrow AM, not sure...just want to use to the chance to get out of here while Brandon is here. I want to do a lot with the kids when Brandon is gone, but I have to be realistic to what I can do and handle by myself. So...we will do what we can. Zach isn't self sufficient enough and Erin isn't at all, so there are some things I know I can't try to tackle and others I might try and just see how it goes...I did the math last night and it is 18 weeks...I will be in NC for the last 4 and my mom and dad will be here for about 3 in October...Visitors are welcome!!!
We did have some cute moments last night and this AM with Zach. We were walking home last night from the park and he was riding his bike...I wanted him to see the sky...so I turned him and showed him the clouds...I asked what colors they were etc. He said, "Wow, that is a pretty sunset." I never used that word...I was impressed. Then at home last night and this AM he has been telling us he is playing school in his room. He gets out a book and sits in front of his closet (it has mirrors) and he acts like a teacher with students. It is so cute.
Erin is also gaining some more spunk and personality. She is so funny...she takes stuff out of my bathroom drawers and scatters them through the house, she is like a squirrel hiding nuts. My makeup is usually in the pantry now. :) She also does this cute thing with her feet when she is happy or excited...she gets a big smile and then steps in place super fast on her little feet....we call them her "happy feet". I love it.
I am off to enjoy my family...have a great day!

1 comment:

Karla said...

Awww, I can just see her happy feet dance, how cute!!!