Sunday, January 31, 2010

Birthday!

Well my birthday celebrating has finally ended...boo...but it was great. I had a nice birthday...a great weekend. My birthday was a nice day filled with singing by my little guy as I woke up, coffee with a good friend, lunch with Zachary and time with my kids after school playing and just having fun. Yummy cake too...VERY YUMMY!
Brandon and I used a new sitter Friday night and went to a movie. We used a 15 year old girl whose dad is actually one of Brandon's bosses. She did a great job with the kids and Erin didn't cry...yeah! I was so thrilled to see her let us leave and not get upset. This was huge for her and for us. We saw the Blind Side. I was crying 5 minutes into the movie. It is a true story and literally just was so touching I was very moved. It reminded me of every instinct I had that lead me to go into social work and ever desire I have to return. I loved the movie and I loved the way I felt after watching...that passion to do more is still there inside me and I hope one day soon I can put it to good use. Great movie...go see it if you haven't yet.
We then had a great Saturday...well lets be fair, I had a great Saturday. I went to the new Marriott Resort here in San Antonio. Brandon gave me a spa day and I loved every single indulgent, relaxing moment of it. I think I have to say, I deserved it....for me that is not an easy thing to say. I am a big worry wart and I often lack the ability to put things aside and take time for myself. Last year I had a husband deployed, all the business and issues with Zach, a move and all that has come since. I really have been stressed thinking about Zach's upcoming ARD meeting and needed a day to just not think about it all and unwind. It was fabulous. I got home and enjoyed some time with my kids and then got to go on date number two with Brandon to a great restaurant in New Braunfels. It was a fun night and again the kids did so well. I am so thankful Erin is finally willing and able to let us go out and leave her with someone.
So, my birthday weekend was great...I enjoyed it all and feel so thankful I had time to be with my family and enjoy every moment.
Big week ahead with Zach's ARD revisions. Prayers would be greatly appreciated for it to go well and them to agree to the changes we feel are very much necessary and needed for Zach. I am off to read and get to bed...

4 comments:

AprilJ said...

Yay for a great birthday weekend. Wishing I could have gone on a spa day with you :) Will be anxious to hear how the ARD meeting goes. Sending prayer arrows upwards with that request..

Anonymous said...

You deserved a special birthday. Now don't go and ruin the spa treatments with stress. Leave the prayers to all of us out here. believe me I have even brought the beads out....... oxox

Eralel83 said...

Sounds like an awesome Birthday weekend! Very fun!

Kelley said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday and so glad you took that time and got yourself pampered!!! You DO indeed deserve it, so very happy with Mr. Brandon!!!