Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sick again...

Well I had a great night out with some new friends I met through the playgroup I joined. Six of us met at Chuy's. We chatted and had a great time...getting to know each other better and enjoying the adult conversation. It was great. I really feel lucky to have gotten to be such great people here and making what feels like some great friendships with people. I can't tell you how nice it is to also have these be my friendships. Most places we have lived I have met my friends through Brandon, via his work, classmates, living on base, etc. For the first time in a long time I have had the chance to meet a lot of people on my own, through my interests or the kids and it is really nice.
I came home to find a cute boy sleeping in my spot in the bed. Brandon said he woke up crying and complaining of ear pain. He had no fever and Brandon gave him some Motrin for pain and he fell back asleep. I went to bed in the guest room and slept awful. I got up this AM and when I saw Zach knew, this won't be good. He looked as pale as a snow and not at all alert. Glazed over eyes and burning up. His fever was almost 103. I gave him Tylenol and it didn't go down much and he just started to look worse. Brandon got up, dressed, I packed the bag and the boys headed off to BAMC's ER. Zach threw up on the way there. Poor kid. Sure enough, double ear infection. BLAH! I have an appointment with the ENT in two weeks and I am sure we will be scheduling tubes...this is just too many. He already has enough going on that each ear infection is a hard interruption to so many thing. It affects his hearing and he already has auditory processing issues with Autism. He becomes much more spacey, also something we deal with already. And he is allergic to almost all medicines at this point, so we run out of options to treat him.
So, today was a day spent inside doing not much. I had planned to go walking with Sally, but it was windy and I didn't want to take Erin out....we waited most of the day for the boys. We played Aqua doodle a lot and had fun. When Zach got home they played Wii for hours...finally we had to send Zach to his room where he took a long nap. Erin fell asleep watching TV too. Both then returned to more Wii time tonight. They love that Wii. It is fun and something we can do as a family, so I don't mind. So I saw a lot of this tonight...
At least he was smiling...I had a game ready for him for Valentine's Day, but gave it to him early since he was sick, so he had big smiles.
Erin and Daddy...
Here he is playing his little league world series baseball...
Mesmerized by the Wii...
Happy Family...(makes me think of chinese food)...everyone had fun and that was fine by me.

Hoping he will wake up tomorrow feeling better and able to go to school, but not sure. No matter what I just hope he has a good day and more smiles.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Poor Zach!! I hope he's feeling better soon...I bet you are right about those tubes...