Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday...

Tuesdays are always long days for me...on the go from 9-5:30...which for anyone who works outside the home is nothing new, but for a stay at home mom to be out of the home that long and on the go, it is a long day.
Today I had a meeting with the advocate for Zach's ARD...went well and we had high hopes for the meeting next week with her help, but as usual she emailed us tonight, after 5 PM to say she can't make the ARD time. So irritated. This has already been rescheduled and is a month later than we had hoped...the whole committee of people has to be present, so it is a lot of schedules to juggle. I am not happy that she agreed to it and then backed out, but we need to press forward with or without her.
I ran around doing errands...had to get Brandon new socks and black tshirts (uniform stuff) today...socks were harder to find than I had thought. Pharmacy on base to pick up meds. Commisary to get things in the house we were out of or low on...unpacked groceries, threw in some laundry and back to get Erin at school at 2...came home, fed her, folded clothes, cleaned up, packed up and off to get Zach by 3...drove to New Braunfels for speech and OT....no nap for Erin in the car today...so we had to hang out in the waiting room...no speech, therapist not there..seriously can they not call me ahead and tell me? Had to pay for his social groups that start next week, thought I paid by week, oh no, all at once. Ugh! Oh and it is every Wednesday from 4-5 for the next 6 weeks...not once a month as I had thought...ugh again since his ABA person does W/F with us from 3:30-5:30. Not good...So I will have to work on that change tomorrow too...
Then I came home to make dinner for the kids, get things put away, change and off to my first night of Bunko. My friend Kristine started a Bunko group. I signed up and went. It was a blast, fun group of moms and I really liked everyone a lot. I think it will be a great group for me. A lot of the ladies have their kids in the preschool I had wanted to send Erin when we moved here, but they were full. I am seriously thinking of moving her there next fall. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about it and really liked it when we visited it last spring. The idea of my baby being ready for preschool is insane to me right now.

Erin and Zach have had a good week, Zach on green two days in a row and Erin in a pretty good mood this week and doing lots of fun things. Play date tomorrow with Kristine's boys facilitated by Carrie the ABA therapist. Should be interesting.
I am off to bed...going to watch General Hospital...love that soap and it is Awesome this week!!! First my exercises, then tv and bed...gotta do my stretches!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprised to had a moment to post. I'm exhausted just reading your BUSY schedule......Wish things would fall into better place for you.

Kelley said...

Lots going on! I wonder how you keep it all straight!! So happy you found a bunko group, you'll have fun with that!! Good for you...