Thursday, January 14, 2010

Shenanigans with Sally...

Poor Sally...I sometimes feel like she is the step ford child of this house. She is such a good dog in so many ways. One of which is that she is great with the kids. We had our concerns prior kids. She was a mess and I wasn't sure she would last with us if she kept up some of her behavior. I think she knew we meant business and shaped up quick. From the first day Zachary came home she has been so good with him and they became the best of friends...her relationship with Erin got off to a slower start...Erin showed less interest in her at first. To be fair Zach had nothing in his life other than me and Sally during those first two years. Erin had Zachary to entertain her. With him off at school their relationship has gotten better and better and now they are buddies too. Erin always asks about Sally when we get home from being somewhere. It is pretty cute. She now is into a phase Zach was once in, giving Sally treats.
I have told them they have to get her to do tricks to give her a treat, otherwise the poor animal would be given milk bones by the truckload. They both know how to get her to speak...pretty darn cute to watch them get her to do it. When she does and they are so very proud of themselves as she barks on command and waits for her treats. Here are some photos of the fearsome threesome in action. My house is often a zoo and I love it.
Two on one...poor Sally.
Erin trying to get Sally to speak...
Zachary working his magic...
They are amazing kids and I love that they love their dog. I really love how much Sally loves them too. She is a good dog and not a day goes by that I am not grateful for her being a member of our family. (Insert thanks to April and Clayton again). Sister Sally is awesome...she will officially be a member of our family for 9 years at the end of the month...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always delightful pictures! Sister is a really diamond in the rough...........and to think of my feelings nine years ago! OH ME...

AprilJ said...

Yay for Sister!! Lots of love from your ex-foster family in OK...