Friday, January 22, 2010

Today was a good day...

Today was a good day...those are days when we do nothing special, but it is still fun and everyone is happy. Most of all those are days when Zach is very alert, talkative, engaged and in a good mood. These are days that I almost don't want bedtime to come and for the day to end. I love days like today with him.
We had planned a play date with my friend Kristine, her two boys, my kids and the ABA therapist today here...but as it always goes, plans fell through. The therapist had car issues and Kristine's boys were up late last night and tired...so we thought since the therapist wouldn't be here, we would wait...so we are on for next Wednesday. Kristine is great fun and I appreciate that she is willing to let me "use" her kids to help aid his therapy. To me that is the sign of a fantastic friend. She also started a Bunko group and invited me to join and be a permanent member...so I am excited to go to my first one next Tuesday night. Yeah!!!
Today was super sunny later in the day, but this morning was very foggy...so bad I chose to not do my errands and stay in with Erin. I drove Zach to school this AM and on the way he said this, "Dear God, Please make the fog go away and my friend the sun come out. Love Zachary" I explained we usually say Amen at the end of prayers. So he repeated all of that and added, and Amen. So cute.
It got nice later in the day and we were able to play outside for a bit...Erin did, Zach chose to stay in and play Wii. He is loving it and I can't blame him, it is fun. Erin had a blast being outside and even accessorized with her new tutu. She is too much some days, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Here she is on her swing...Love that face!!!
Playing with trucks in her tutu...too much!
Zach last week with his new therapist Carrie...notice who is in her lap...Erin has taken to her in a big way.
We had a fun night too...after the kids played rock band and got in their jammies we played hide and seek. Old days of doing this were painful. Zach would hide, I use that term lightly, in the middle of a room and then tell me, "I'm right here Mom". Oh it was not good. So we got better over Thanksgiving with my parents and tonight even better. We had the kids hide and seek together for us. Safety in numbers. :) Both were surprisingly quiet and didn't give themselves away. And they hid in good spots. I was super proud of them both. We had a ball and I laughed harder than I have in a long time. Simple games are still the best fun some times. Tomorrow just getting some errands done, hanging out and then I am going out for dinner and mom's night out with friends from my playgroup. I feel so social it is scary. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always love the pictures. Erin, tutu and playground - classic. Sounds like a great day for you and the family. Do hope all stays status quo over the weekend. oxox