Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two for Tuesday...

Today was a good day...all around! Zach went off to school in a good mood, ate a good breakfast and ready to take on the day. When I went to get him he had been on green (best behavior) and was grinning ear to ear. I love to see that he is proud of his behavior and excited to share the exciting news with me when he gets in the car. He went off to speech and OT where he did okay, but came out complaining that his ear hurt. I gave him some motrin and tylenol (a trick our neighbor in CA told us when Zach had bad ear pain)...he slept the ride home and was good the rest of the night...we will see how the night goes.
Erin also had a good day. She went off to school with smiles and excited to see her friends. She now goes in without a loot of fuss and is usually willing to go and play and let me leave without an issue. I came back to get her at 2 and she was smiling, happy and in a good mood again. We got home and she started to snack on her lunch...she always asks for her lunch box as soon as we get home, but won't eat at school. So funny to me, Zach used to do the same thing in CA on the way back from Palmdale to Edwards. So she started to snack and I got some cute photos of her in a good mood.

That is my Erin, smiley, happy and a little doll. We had a fun day and she was just in great spirits today, full of laughter. I love days like today...not a meltdown or attitude, just happy! At the age of 2 that my friends is rare, but treasured.
We enjoyed a yummy dinner that Brandon created when we first got married and we still eat all the the time...Big B's Chicken. Had some fun Mario Cart time and then off to bed for the small ones.
I finished my book Firefly Lane...tearjerker!!!! Great book though. I am going to start Anita Shreve, "Testimony" tonight. Love my pile of books that I am going through...so fun!
Went to Academy Sports today and used my alone time to get some bday gifts to myself, new running tennis shoes that were on sale (new balance) and some orthodicts to put in them to help my arch...since I am now officially flatfooted! It should help my knee pain and shin splints as I start my running...I had hoped to head today with Sally, but it was foggy and raining here until about 1. Maybe Thursday.
Tomorrow I have the pleasure of taking both kids to the dentist in the AM...Pray for me now and that poor dentist. I fear Erin will not handle this well at all and after hundreds of dollars spent in dental bills for Zach, I am expected more of the same. We have worked so hard with him on this, so we will see.
I am off to watch some tv and read and then to bed...must be well rested for my big day. After a few days in PT for my back and feeling fine, I went today and I am not in a lot of pain today. Awesome...I might pop a motrin too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The tooth prayers started last week and are on going. Let me know how the children and the "dentist" made it through...:)