Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Birthday Eve...

Today was an okay day...hoping my day tomorrow is better. Little things today just weren't right. Went for a long walk with Erin and must have left my brain at home, or in bed...didn't notice that the reason the strolled seemed harder to push was that the tires were low...I was convinced I was that out of shape. I have had a toothache all day...trying to ignore it...refuse to let it spoil my birthday or the wonderful Italian Cream Cake my husband ordered for me from a local bakery. I am giddy with excitement. Still pissed off about the advocated flaking on us and that has had me all upset all day...I know I need to move on...trying. I had asked a friend to come over with her boys today for a playdate while our therapist for Zach is here and she had said yes, even saw her last night and she was a no show...no response to emails. Hmmm...Kids both had good days, I think I am just tired and need to hit the day...wake up refreshed and enjoy my day. I am off to get coffee in the AM with my friend Nicole, we knew each other in Abilene...then lunch with Zach at his school...then kill some time before I get Erin....then time with my family. I did have book club tomorrow, but honestly, I would rather just sit around and enjoy my family...I know two little faces that will be full of smiles, kisses and singing me happy birthday all day long. Can't wait.

4 comments:

AprilJ said...

Your day was rough!! Well, here's hoping that surviving Birthday Eve makes the actual Birthday Day that much sweeter. Wish I was close to make the cake and eat it with you :) HBD, Susan! So thankful for your friendship all these years later.

Kelley said...

I hope yesterday's yuck has passed and you can thouroughly enjoy your special day!!! I know Brandon and your sweet ones will make the day wonderful for you. Enjoy that cake!!! Happy Birthday my friend!

Anonymous said...

A lousy day yesterday will definitely make for a super birthday today. Enjoy your beautiful family and that Italian Cream Cake. I wouldn't even offer to bake one for you as that is April's area. Happy Birthday oxox

The Five Fares said...

Hope today is perfect for you birthday!