Saturday, January 9, 2010

Vegas Baby!

Some of you might know and some might not, but I have been married twice. No, nothing scandalous. Brandon and I had our wedding planned for March 18th in Scottsdale and as always the Air Force changed our plans a bit. They were going to send Brandon to Mountain Home Idaho for a year before going to Enid for pilot training...that date moved up, but before it did we scrambled for ideas. When I graduated from U of A, I had no health insurance which we knew if I was married I would have. At that time it was important for me to have insurance since I was having strange numbness in my leg and tests run. Also I had the majority of things, and in order to move them to Idaho we had to be married. Add on making more money for BAH (housing) subsistence (food) and other things we chose a Vegas wedding. Actually to be fair, my dad encouraged it. We headed up there this weekend 10 years ago and got married in a Ghetto Fabulous place with a strange mystic lady. It was an odd night, but we have laughed about it a lot since then. We still had our beautiful fairy tale wedding (thanks mom and dad) a few months later, March 18th. But this is our actual, legal wedding and something we never forget. We usually celebrate the March one, but never miss the chance to remember this day too...So here is an old photo from our wedding Vegas...my how we have changed since then.


January 9th, 2000 Las Vegas


photo.php.jpg

November 26th, 2009 Scottsdale

photo.php.jpg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy January wedding Anniversary. Hope you enjoyed your day strolling down memory lane. Happy 10th. Love, me

Kelley said...

I did actually know about the two weddings, but didn't realize the first one was in Vegas! What a memory for sure...and definitely you should celebrate both! I was bummed, I couldn't see the pics for some reason?

Jo Mama said...

pics didn't work for me either. :(

AprilJ said...

....gee, that means we've known you guys for almost 10 years. I remember looking at all the wedding pics on cold days in Enid. I'd give my little finger to go back to one afternoon in your condo watching Sex and the City reruns and really being pretty carefree.. Then we could zap back to present day and watch our kids play over a bottle of wine :)