Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Goals...

A few days ago I listed my new years resolutions from last year and looked back on my year and my progress. I have made some progress, but still had areas that needed more work. Over the past few weeks I have been reflecting on my year and things that I would like to change in my life. I have a lot of things that are going well right now...I am happy with many aspects of my life, but I am feeling the need to make some changes and to learn to appreciate so much more. So my goals go along with that.
Not in any level of priority, just stream of thought typing...

1. To take time for my scrap booking and have a goal of 12 pages per month completed. So about 144 for the year. This will get me caught up on what I am behind and keep me up to date for sure. I am excited with my new table and space in the guest room to have an area to work on things...I am excited to see if I can accomplish this goal.

2. I have enjoyed my reading this past year and plan to continue making the time for that...I am in a book club here and plan to keep going to that and reading on my own...

3. This goes along with the above mentioned...I plan to read a book sent to me by a great friend...The Chronological Bible. I am excited to read it and really look forward to what I will learn from reading the Bible in its entirety during this year. We have started as a family to focus on our time at church and it's place in our life, our family and I am so thankful for that.

4. This one is more of a challenge, but also a goal for myself. I hate to run...hate, hate, hate it. I am not a fan of going to the gym, working out, any of the above. But, I am also not getting younger and need to make myself do these things. I have had a bad habit in my life to quit things when it was too hard or whatever the reason might be...I want to make myself do something I know I don't want to do and make myself follow through. So I am signing up to run a 5K race....I plan to train to do it and get myself able to run and then do it. Might sound like nothing to most, but for me this is a big deal, I really hate running.

5. I am going to take sewing classes on base and finally learn to sew!!!

6. Continue to work on my personality...patience, tone of voice, temperament, etc. Living in the moment and not letting myself get frustrated by the little things as much.

7. The last one is a the hardest one next to the running. As much as I hate running, I love shopping. I am going to put myself on a hardcore budget and start really making some changes to our spending as a family...putting more emphasis on saving and investing. Not just saving to save, but saving for things we need and being careful about it. I know that while I was Edwards my being unhappy led me to shop...sounds silly, but is in fact a reality. I see it for what it is and want to make some changes now in how I choose to spend my money. I am excited to see what changes we can make!

So there you have it...I am on a mission...well a few to be exact. Hopefully with some will power and support I can accomplish my goals this year and be able to check off more things in 2011 that I can say I did. Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on ALL your New Years goals. I have great faith that you can accomplish most if not all of them. Love you....me :)

Kelley said...

Oh, Susan, these are great goals! I know you will have success in 2010, I'm rooting for you! Very impressed with the 5k plan...I know what a big deal that is, since I can't even run one lap on the track!! Good luck to you!!!