Friday, January 9, 2009

Reunion...

So...he is home. We got to the airport in typical Susan fashion...running late...well at least I showed him I am still me. :) We got the kids ready and there he was...Zach was thrilled and so very happy...haven't seen him like that in a long time. He was over the moon. Erin was loving the flag she got to wave, but wanted to nothing to do with Brandon...clung to me and my dad. She didn't warm up until a few hours later at home and even then it was short lived...little by little she has started to be more affectionate to him and let him to do things, but over all she is in total mommy mode and is all about me...I am guessing that is normal and will change...Zach called me his best friend for 4 months and I think I got voted out of that job 2 seconds after Brandon got home...it happens. We are doing well and now about to head home and get back to our real life as a family. It has been a long month here with good and bad all rolled into a long 4 week trip. I have had a blast seeing some of my old friends and getting to do some new things with the kids...Zach has become a great bowler here...We have done museums and fun things...it has also been hard and we have had our problems and limitations. I am thankful for the time my parents allowed us to be here and for the opportunities I have had being here. I am ready to get home, see my dog, my house, my stuff and get Zach back in the swing of school and his life...and return to ours...hoping for news of a move this summer...I am sure we will know nothing for a while, but I am still be optimistic and hopeful...
Here are some photos to enjoy...
Brandon and I...photo by Zach!
Zach and his friend Daddy...

Daddy and his little ones...
Erin and I waiting at the airport...
Zach, Brandon and I...

Wonderful moment to see them together...Zach was so happy...
Catching his first glimpse of Daddy....
Waiting patiently...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hurrah....so happy that you are all back together again!