Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Birthday Eve...

Ah....Birthday time....for anyone that knows me, you know I really like my birthday.  Call me selfish, I don't care, I like my day.  I have no issues with growing older...maybe that is because I still get carded any time I order an alcoholic drink.  I really never think about that part, just that I am here another year, life is good and it is my day to be selfish and celebrate me...honestly isn't that what is cool about birthdays...they are a day all about the celebration of being alive and being you.  
So my 32nd birthday is almost here...wow...32!  I can't believe it really.  I feel very blessed looking around this year at my two beautiful children, having my husband home, a wonderful family of fantastic parents and sister and some amazing friends.  I have been given 32 years to live and love...that to me is a lot to celebrate right there.
No big plans for the actual day...Zach has school in the AM and speech tomorrow night. I might pick up some yummy sushi on the way home. We are going on a date Friday though, so that will be nice...something we don't do nearly enough.  I think dinner and a movie....
Got my hair cut yesterday and as always love it and the sassy short bob!
Had a rough afternoon with Zach...I hate those.  We finally got the call from Kern regional center that he was approved for behavioral therapy...that almost took an Act of congress...We went to Bakersfield in July, had someone finally come out to the house in September and now get the call he is approved and waiting now to have them set up appointments...he was offered 70 hours of ABA therapy.  It is great news and will help when we move to show his needs, but I am so irritated it took his long.   We have been asking about behavioral therapy since he got diagnosed...we have been given the runaround and now hopefully he get some help before we leave and continue in TX. 
I am now two weeks into my no soda adventure...I am so proud of myself.  I have been a soda addict forever...I am still indulging myself with a cup of coffee each AM....it is my thing and I am not giving it up right now. But for anyone that knows me well...Kelly, my college roommate...I used to drink soda like it was going out of style...I am glad that I have made this change and I am excited to see how it affects how I feel and look.  
Brandon flew tonight...Zach was in bed at 6:40....Erin an hour later...So I am hanging out and enjoying the down time...it is nice.  
Off to bed soon and awaken on my day...
Happy birthday to me and to my friends that share my day....Tiffany's daughter Tayla...Mike Long and my dear sweet Sena.  

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Happy birthday to you!! And I don't think you are selfish at all...you are right, a birthday is definitely the best time to celebrate YOU! And p.s., so proud that you are still at the no-soda thing! Yay you!