Wednesday, January 21, 2009

16 Random things...about me!

I saw this on my friend Kelley's blog, so I figured I would give it a go...List 16 random things about me, you may or may not know...I do have to keep it PG...the parents read this! :)

1. While pregnant with Zachary I literally would get sick at the sight of pizza hut meat lover pizza adds...all meat products were a no for several months, namely pot roast, brisket, all the TX specials I was around...I still can't eat either of those things almost 5 years later.

2. I have always wished I was smarter and could have gone to Duke for college...GO DUKE!

3. I have lived in 7 states...too many houses to count in my life, but since being married, 6.

4. I have been married twice...don't freak out...both times to Brandon...Got married January 9th 2000 a few months before the March 18, 2000 wedding...sorry to anyone that is reading this now and angry...we had reasons based on the AF's decision to move Brandon to Idaho for several months before pilot training...logistics of getting my things there with his meant they had to be from one household. My health insurance ran out when I graduated college also...we could only apply for base housing if married...the list goes on...got married in Vegas...super cheesy wedding and we have the video proof!

5. Won 500 lbs of horse feed once at a horse show....sadly at the time I was there to watch a friend of mine compete and didn't own a horse of my own.

6. Goes with number 5...I rode horses for about 4 years...loved it and always wish to own my own horse one day...

7. I hate clowns and umpa loompas...is that a correct spelling...just don't like either, enough said.

8. Fell down an escalator when I was 5 at Hanes Mall...I still am a bit timid getting on them.

9. I am scared of heights...more of edges I think, but seriously start to sweat, shake and overall get impaired at the thought.

10. I Love ebay!!! I think it is the best thing...I love selling things that I don't use anymore...like a garage sale online all the time...it rocks!

11. My biggest pre teen crush was Kirk Cameron....then I moved onto the bad boys and was in love with Christian Slater...still have eyes for him today!!!

12. I named my dog Sally after Charlie Brown's sister Sally...I have a snoopy love and had to give her a name from that....I have had a snoopy since I was 5 that is still part of my life....no comments from the "peanut" gallery (pun intended).

13. I was born in Woodland, CA...so Erin and I are both CA girls...only lived there for a few months, so I usually refer to NC as where I grew up and sometimes slip and say born and raised.

14. I still get carded when ordered a drink at any restaurant or bar!

15. I am totally obsessed with technology like my computer (facebook, ebay, my blog) and my DVR...watching my favorite TV shows when I want...but I can't do diddly with my cell phone, even keep it charged is a struggle.

16. I am MOVING to SAN ANTONIO in JUNE!!!!!!!!
I saved the best for last...Brandon will be working at Randolph AFB...non flying staff job for 2-3 years. We will move sometime in June...we are pretty excited and ready to live in a real city with so many resources for the kids, our family and especially Zachary...The request went through with no issues, so we are heading where the stars are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most beautiful view you will ever see is Edwards in your rear view mirror....YEA Hope this move is everything and more than you deserve.....................

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new assignment! I can't wait to hear the strategies you come up with to keep your shopping resolution in San Antonio!!!

The Five Fares said...

Congratulations on San Antonio - such a fun town!! We're going in March to go to Sea World! I'm happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Millers!!I'm sure you'll love it!!

Kelley said...

Loved the list! And congrats on your big news! That is fabulous!!!!! I know you are super ready to get out of there, and San Antonio is great!

Elizabeth said...

Hurrah!! So glad to hear you are so happy about your new home!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Susan!! It sounds like you guys are really happy about this move, so I am very happy for you! :) I hope that it all goes smoothly for y'all.

And by the way, loved the list! So fun. I might have to do something like that.

Congrats again!