Sunday, January 4, 2009

Return...

Looks like Brandon might be heading home on time...should leave Quatar today and get to Baltimore tomorrow late...we decided since he will be exhausted to have him sleep there that night and get a flight out Tuesday AM. That way he is well rested to see the kids and can enjoy the reunion fully. I think that he will be really shocked at all the changes, especially the physical ones in Erin. Both kids have grown and changes so much and learned so many new things in his time gone...it will be really cool to hear what he sees and thinks and see things through his eyes. It will be neat to have that perspective. I am excited to get him back and have our family complete...I always feel a bit anxious at this point, not sure why. I am having my parents follow us to the airport to catch the photos of it all...
I got a chance to go shopping yesterday alone...I got a nice surprise and ran into a friend from high school while there...it was great to see her and chat for a few minutes...so funny to think I was just out and about and saw her...the thing I never have happen living in different places all the time. It was nice to get out and shop alone...I got some great deals at Soma...I needed Bras and got 4 on sale and some other sale items...I had a gift card so I was able to get a ton and only spend a few dollars of my money...then headed to other stores there to have fun and look....didn't hit my usual Ann...had a gift card there, but want to save it for some spring clothes...so instead I got some makeup at Aceda and Ulta...found some fun Jewelry at a great little store here I love and even went into Eddie Bauer and got some sweaters on sale...so I did shopping that I usually don't do and it was fun....I had hit Carter's and Gymboree last week and got the kids stuff, so I think I am done for the trip. :) It was restrained for me!!! I will add that to my list of new years stuff...More shopping self control...
I have been reading a lot recently and finished two books since I got here and working on the 3rd. First, I read the Pact...love Jodi Picoult books and her style writing, but didn't love all of this book...I think some of the rational was hard for me to fully buy, but I did enjoy it a lot. Some things about it I couldn't wrap my brain around and agree with...I thought it was a good book and the story kept me ready and interested in it all.
Also read the Doctor's Wife...really liked this book...not like anything I normally read...very dark and twisted, but good and a page turner for me. That is the thing with me...love the book that sucks me in and keeps me going. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading another book of hers as soon as I get home and pick it up...
I am now ready Almost Moon by Alice Sebold...Another page turner and a book that is dark and twisted, but I like it. Her books are always a bit dark...so far it is good!
I am off to enjoy some morning coffee and get ready for my day...

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

I'm excited for you and can relate to the weird onset of nerves right before they come back home. What is that about??!! Anyway, it's been a long road but you done good, girl. We'll be thinking of you guys lots over the next couple days. Hugs.