Friday, January 23, 2009

lots to do...

I have been cleaning out like a mad woman around here...I have put a ton on ebay and sold a decent amount...a few dollars here and there, nothing note worthy. I took a bunch of items to Goodwill Tuesday and that was great to unload...I then took a few bags to thrift store today on base only to be told that they aren't taking children's toys or clothes right now because of national recalls...what? Since when did that happen. I wasn't happy. I took both my kids in the rain, hauling bags of stuff I had to only haul back to the car...not fun. So now I guess I will try to sell some of the smaller things on ebay and the rest will have to go to Goodwill...Shoot!

Zach apparently had a great day at school until playground time...then he aggressively hugged a friend and knocked him down...had a time out...amazingly I got most of this from him. He came home and told me he got a sticker, it was orange, but it fell off in the van...then he said he had a good day. I asked what he did...he told me I played, then I had time out, I made Dominic cry. I called his teacher, who is a sub while his real teacher is on maternity leave...she told me the story and said he is a great boy and super smart, but has been hugging very aggressively lately. He does it with Erin and now apparently at school...I think I know how it started, but need to figure out how to stop it. He has been having trouble with focus too and spending more time doing STIM behavior than he usually does...self stimulatory behavior associated with autism. He is normally able to contain it to a few times a day in private or be told not to and stop...now he will stop and then we catch him doing it again later...frustrating to say the least...

On the phone today with schools in San Antonio just trying to get a feel for how their systems work, programs they have, how they handle kids with special needs etc...basically we will need to figure out where we are living first...Not sure I want to buy, but we can actually afford a house in TX. Renting might be an option, but not sure....living on base, might be an option, not sure...all of that I need to do more research on...

Started my new book club book, "People of the Book".  Excited to read something by this author...Geraldine Brooks...read a book of hers years ago and really liked it, so happy to read this one.  I enjoyed book club and discussing a book with people...Excited to do it again!

I am so thankful for the feedback from everyone on the move. We are very excited. We feel like this move will benefit the family as a whole and Zach in particular better than other choices and options out there for us. He will be in better schools with more services, have more options for therapies, children's activities...things for miss Erin!!! Things even for me. So we are excited at the possibilities and what we will be able to give to our kids for the time we are there...thank you for all the love and support...it means a lot to me!!!!

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

Every time you talk about Ebay, I think I should put some stuff on but then I get lazy... and I'm afraid the shipping from up here would be detrimental?? Who knows.. hugs :)