Saturday, January 17, 2009

Random Zach Quotes worthy of sharing....

We don't see cemeteries in CA...I am not sure why, but we don't....they are abundant in NC.  While driving around one day in NC Zach says..."Look mommy it's a rock and flower garden."

He asked my dad how old he was....my Dad replied, "I am 68 Zachary."....Zach, "Wow, that is a lot of years old grandpa?"  

When we saw my nephew the first time we were out walking with my dad and Erin...Zach turned to Jacob and said..."Hi Jacob.  This is my friend Grandpa..he's my grandpa.  Oh and this is Erin, my sister. "  

A few weeks back we were at his speech therapist (Miss Gerri)...he loves her and the feeling is mutual to put it mildly...He was on the floor sitting next to her and took her hand...he looked at it for a minute and said, "Miss Gerri, you are very pruney."  She tried to hold back a laugh and explain that you shouldn't say that to a lady, but both of us thought it was actually pretty cute.  I got it myself a few days later when he was sitting with me working on something...he looked up and said, "Oh mommy...you are getting crinkles up there (pointing to my forehead)."  So, I will be looking into botox soon.  

While at my parents we chose to show Zach some of my family heritage(for those that don't know my dad is Jewish and my mom Catholic...we were raised Catholic)...we took out the menorah...we had him help us light the candles and told him the very brief 4 year old version of why we celebrate Hanukkah....after we let him blow the candles out (his favorite part)....he asked whose birthday it was...So I think he missed the story...I simply told him it is Jesus's birthday in a few days on Christmas...my dad thanked me for confusing him more.  Hey, Jesus was Jewish so I figure we can try to make it all flow together.  

Just had to share these before I forgot them along with a million more I have already forgotten...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are great, Susan! Thanks for sharing them - it definitely put a smile on my face! :)

-Natalie