Thursday, February 18, 2010

Updates and photos...

I don't have a lot of excitement to post tonight or fun thoughtful feelings...so I thought I would share two cute photos of the kids from after dinner tonight and updates on things here.
Zach went to the ENT today and decision at this time to hold off on tubes and see how he does next month...if he is good then we will wait to see the ENT again in the summer. His ears are retracted and that in itself can cause pain, but the constant ear infections at this time are not constant enough to show reason for a set of tubes at this age...so we will see. The appointment lasted all of 6 minutes, but we waited in the waiting room for 47 after driving over an hour to get there. SA traffic is a pain some days. Zach told the doctor as we were leaving, "I waited 47 minutes to see you and you only saw me for 6, that doesn't seem right." Gotta love the honesty of kids. He had every nurse laughing at that.
I then took him back to school where I had lunch with him and a friend of his Max...I like Max. He is a friend I am glad Zach has...nice, sweet, smart little boy. He is in his reading group and sits at the same table with him too. It was a good lunch and always nice to have time with him. Ran my errands and then off to get Erin. She had a fun day and was in a great mood when I got her. Love that. She gave me big hugs and smiles and talked the whole way home.
She later fell asleep (45 minutes later) in the carpool line waiting for Zach. She took a good nap at home and it gave Zach and I time to do his homework, talk and play. It was nice and she woke up in an awesome mood.
The kids were in great moods at dinner and ate a lot...Brandon has been home late the last 2-3 weeks...it is "match" time at his job...matching people to jobs...his time home has ranged from 6:30-10:30. So the kids were thrilled to see him.
Here is Zach all full of smiles after a good dinner...
Erin and I...she is all about smiling for photos now...so cute.
Hopefully more excitement to come tomorrow...
I will leave with one funny story about Zachary. He came home from school yesterday, Ash Wednesday (we are Catholic and have been going to church for a while now with him)...he said that he went to the library at school and got a book that I would like and so would grandpa...I opened his book bag and saw the book and smiled...Passover. Out of all the books in a Texas school library my son on Ash Wednesday brought home the book on Passover...his Jewish roots are coming through. :) I love it.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Ha!! I love that your smart son said that to the doctor!!!!! So true!!! Love the pics.

Jo Mama said...

Zach cracks me up, his wisdom beyond his years SO reminds me of Gillian. Loved the photos. They are so darn cute. The Passover thing had me laughing out loud.