Thursday, February 4, 2010

More rain...but I think rain might be working for us!

Rain is not fun for being stuck inside all day, a dog that won't pee, the mud and yuck that is now my yard...but funny thing is, rain has been good for us this week. I can't lie, I think I might be on to something.
Zachary had his 100th day of school today. 100 days since he started Kindergarten. I can hardly believe it. I was so freaked out his first day of school I am not sure I sat still one minute the whole day until I had him back safely in my car. I was scared he would get lost, he would be sad, he wouldn't be able to speak his mind, something would scare him, he wouldn't eat, wouldn't make friends, you name it, I worried about it. I was shocked and thrilled when he came home and was fine...no, he wasn't fine, he was great. He has really blossomed this year. He loves his school, his teach, his friends. I am so proud of him. I can't begin to share how this child make me feel. I have said since he was little that with Zach every pain he has had has been more painful and every joy has been more joyful. It is almost like things with him are amplified for me. Erin is by far the more dramatic of the two, but with Zach I feel his emotions right to my core...right along with him.
He had a great day. I went and ate lunch with him at school. He told his friends that he wanted to eat alone with me which I was thrilled. It is nice to see him with a friend, but I can't lie, I like my time alone with my pal. He and I had a nice talk and he really interacted with me. We spoke about twins, he has identical ones in his class...the mom dresses them the same and I have no idea how anyone knows who they are. He told me he wished he was a twin with Erin. I laughed and said oh no, you are too good of a big brother to her, it is perfect this way. He then told me, no I still want to be a twin...I want to make you little mom and you can be my twin. I swear he can melt my heart.
He came home today on green...4 days in a row...that might be a new record. He gets to go bowling this weekend if he stays on for the whole week...come on Zach!
I had two teachers stop and tell me how sweet he was as I was leaving and that meant a lot. I worry so much that some people find him difficult or a challenge, but it is obvious these two ladies see the good in him and know he is a special boy.
He came home and had an afternoon to do nothing...no therapy...so we did Mario Cart all night. He had a blast and that was what it was all about.
Erin had a big day too. She went to school and when I got there to pick her up she was in Miss Sherry's arms. I worried right away that she was sick, but no, she just wanted Miss Sherry and not mommy. Drama Erin at her best...I did get a nice surprise that she went potty 2 times at school today and was told to wear pull ups next week so they can encourage her to go on her own more. I was thrilled. Yeah Erin! My baby is now so big and it is really hard some days not to get upset about that. But, days like this it is so amazing to see how much she is learning and doing.
I am trying to figure out what to do with her next fall. She is in a Kids Day Out program. She enjoys it and everyone there is nice. I am not sure if the program is the best, but it is a nice place and I feel good with her there. I am thinking of moving her to a preschool in a near by city...I looked at it last year and heard great things about it. It has a reputation of being the best in the area and registration is usually insane. But, the reviews from moms are all that it is a great program and their kids loved it. I think I owe it to her to sign her up if I can get her in the registration. I am not sure if I should put her in both that and the KDO and let her be gone 4 days a week. I am not sure if I am ready for that. So many choices. Funny to say that after 4 years of no choices...
So...it was a good week for us...lots of good things...I can't complain about the rain if this is what it brings. :)



2 comments:

Jo Mama said...

I am so happy you have a good week. You deserve it. Gillian has her 100th day party today, and I have felt the same as you all week. Wow, we're almost to 1st grade. As for preschool for Erin, you'd better call and get her on a list/registered right away and make up your mind later. The good preschools here were full in October.

Kelley said...

What a great week you guys are having...thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the read! I hope Zach gets to go bowling!