Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Windup...

We had a good weekend around here. We got some things done that needed to be done and had some fun too!
Saturday was Zach's last soccer game...we are ready to be done with it for a while. We did some shopping, mostly I did returning, but found a great shopping center that I will go back to for sure. Zach and I went to a birthday party for the boy down the street and met some nice people. Sunday we decided to do something we haven't done in a really long time. We went to church as a family. We had been talking it up with Zach forever in hopes we would get a good response from him and we would be able to get him to enjoy it, not just suffer through. Tried a Catholic Church by our house. Very nice and had a great separate children's room, not a cry room...a full up room with pews and kneelers, but separate...worked out really well for us with two little ones. Zach loved it and thanked us after..."Thanks for taking me to church, can we go again next weekend?" Okay that is what we wanted and it was worth the wait. :) Glad to be back in that groove and able to find a church close to the house that fits our families needs finally. Yeah!
We then had a nice night with an old friend. Brandon's best friend from college Bryan came over for dinner and hang out for a while. Bryan and Brandon were in ROTC at U of A and roommates...I actually was set up on my blind date with Bryan and that is how I met Brandon. years later when we were sent to Abilene we found Bryan and his wife Renee (also from U of A) would be there...Renee and I became great friends and we had the luck to live near them for about 3 years...we got spoiled though and have missed them a lot!!!! It was great to see Bryan and a bit bittersweet for me to not have Renee and her 3 beautiful kids here. I think our oldest boys who are about 7 months apart, would love each other and be great pals. Bryan will be around until March doing PIT training...next assignment instructor at Columbus. It will be great to see him more and hopefully we can talk Renee into a visit out here too and see her!
I had a great day today too....Took Sally to the vet for a complete check up and for her to get all her shots up to date...she is in excellent health I was told and that was great to hear. She is now nine and still looks and acts like a puppy most days. She is super sweet and really a huge part of our family and life...we got her the first year of marriage and she has been a wonderful companion to all of us. Sadly she has to go on senior food now...that made me sad for some reason...I guess reality of her age and I don't want to think about it.
After that I met up with my friend Kristine here who is great...she has 2 boys, 6 and 4....she brought the 4 year old to an art place i found a while back...we had Erin and Tommy do some art, got McDonalds and headed back to her house for some chatting and kid play...fun! We are planning a shopping trip this weekend I think...she is a lot of fun. Brandon and I are fingers crossed, going on a date Friday with a new sitter...should be fun and hopefully it will work out. :)
Here are photos from the weekend of the kids ready for church and Bryan hanging out...Erin enjoyed bringing him things...super funny. She actually chose those glasses on her own and wore them to church. Oh Erin!
Zach and his Children's Bible...he reads it all the time and took it to church to check the stories.
Erin ready for her outing....
Posing...
Erin in her ballerina outfit bringing Bryan tons of crap to hold...this was all night for poor Bryan...
The boys in conversation...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super pictures. As always love those beautiful faces. Happy that you can again connect with Brian....and hopefully his presence will bring Renee and children to visit often. Love yu. me. Oh and yes God bless us all.