Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another weekend in the books...

This weekend was good. We should have had a date Friday, but the new sitter we had highly recommended to us, came down with the flu. Worked out since Erin had been sick all week with a stomach bug, low grade fever, coughing and a yeast infection. Wasn't a fun week for miss Erin, but as always she smiles and laughs the majority of the day and is a snuggle sweet baby. :)
I went on a fun shopping trip with my new friend Kristine on Saturday. She is new in town also...her husband just retired from the Army...she has 2 kids, 6 and 4, both boys. And best of all, she is fun!!! She and I get along really well and she is just very down to earth. So glad we met...we had a fun day shopping at the San Marcos outlets. My dear Kiel gave me my 30% off at All Gap stores...yeah!!! It was super fun to shop with someone! did I mention that they have a Kate Spade outlet there. Last trip I went to Coach, but didn't know they had Kate...ah Kate....what a fun, fun store!
We had a fun day gabbing, shopping and then stopped for lunch. All in all a fun day. Brandon then went and played poker with friends that night and won some money to offset my outlet damage! He had fun too and arrived late...I had a slumber party with Zach since I was alone.
We headed back to church today....went well for the first 40 minutes, then Zach started to be a turkey. He continued that trend today and it wasn't a great day for us or for him...oh well. I guess we all have bad days, but it is frustrating none the less.
I headed out to Walmart tonight, alone. I hate going with my kids to Walmart, much less going at all. Not my favorite store, but open late and has most of what I need in one spot...still blah! People there are so bizarre too...oh the things I saw.
Busy week...volunteering at Zach's school a few days for the book fair...planing to take him one night...trying to tie up loose ends for the Thanksgiving break...and getting household things done...Brandon did some honey do items today, which was nice!!!
Trying to get my scrap booking caught up...I am over a year behind on both kids books. I did 10 pages on Zach's book the other day while I was home with a sick Erin. So progress is being made. Finished the Nicholas Sparks book, Last Song...as always he writes a good book. Starting the Help for a book club next...hear it is good. Lots and lots on my to do list right now...

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

Walmarts pretty much suck in general.. but the Walmarts in Texas are a whole new experience!!! I think they pumped stuff into the air at the Wallymart by our house in FW that caused my kids to act like they had been smoking a crack pipe!!!

And as for the kate spade outlet... I wear a size 8.5 shoe and pretty much any purse will be acceptable for your friend in Alaska. (kidding..sort of)