Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting things done...

Today we plan to decorate! This will be the first time in 10 years of marriage that we will be home for Christmas. Every other year we have travelled to someone's house. One time when we lived in Abilene I worked on Christmas and the next day we flew home...we have only put a tree up twice...so this is a big deal and I am actually super excited. I am excited to see all my things out and enjoy them for once. I am also super excited to have Christmas at home also because of the children....what fun ages??? I am beyond thrilled to share this time with them. They are at wonderful ages. I am so excited about the things I have gotten them for Christmas too...what fun!!!
We are also heading off to church today...Zachary asked first thing this AM to go. So glad he is finally enjoying it and we can do this as a family. I like the new church we are going to and feel like this is a good fit for us.
I am busy with more ebaying of things I saved up for this time of year to put on auction...love ebay! :)
I finished a great book this morning I was reading for my book club, The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Loved it...check out the link below if you are interested. I highly recommend it!
http://kathrynstockett.com/book/
I head to book club Monday night...it is through the play group I have joined here and hopefully will be good. Hosting play group here Wednesday morning...hoping Erin has fun with it. We haven't been able to go to a ton of the events with our schedule conflicting with their event times....hoping we can do better now.
Zach is going in for his hearing test Tuesday AM, so hopefully that will go well and we can follow up with the ENT and get things done for this poor child. I am so tired of him being sick....not for me, but for him. He is doing really well in so many areas right now and I hate to see the set backs occur with missing school and his activities. He is really doing well right now and I am thrilled to see my little boy learning, growing and thriving.
I got my Christmas cards ordered last night and now I have to write my letter...I still need to do a ton of scrapbooking, but I am making progress. I hope to get into a groove with that with the new year.
I am working on my new year resolution list too...need to make some changes and goals for the new year!!!
So...I am off to church and then decorating!!!

No comments: