Monday, March 30, 2009

Almost April?

Where the heck is the time going?  I feel like the past few months have flown by...I can't believe it is almost April!  
We got tickets to go to San Antonio to hunt for some houses...will head out during Zach's spring break from school. We plan to look at a few homes we found for rent in the area of Shertz/Cibolo....suburbs north east of San Antonio.  Schools are good there, it is close to the base (Randolph AFB) and we have heard great things about it.  We found some homes that look nice, but online you never know, so we plan to just check it out in person...look at the neighborhoods, schools, etc.  Also plan to check into a preschool for Erin...I forgot in that area it is Mom's Day out or as they call it, Kids Day out...love that!  If I can register her now, that would be great and one thing I don't have to worry about later.  We will look at the base houses and put our names on the list, but we hear the wait is long there and I am not sure being in the TLF (temporary living facility) for 1-2 months is worth a base house when it is said and done.  So we will see.  We are just going for 2 days, so it will be fast, but good to see the area and get some ideas for things.  
Zach headed off to speech school in Boron this AM with HUGE smiles...Miss Helen is coming back from maternity leave...he hasn't seen her since December and was super excited.  I love that for him.
I tried to work on cleaning out some more clothes in the garage. I have really struggled letting go of Zach's baby clothes for a lot of reasons.  I am not 100% ready to say we are done even though I know we most likely are.  I have loved being a mom and even enjoyed being pregnant...I just hate to close that door so finally with getting rid of so much.  But I did make some big and bold steps this weekend.  Threw out things that just weren't worth saving at all...packed up items to good will and then sorted for Ebay sales.  I stalled with my maternity clothes for some reason and I am not sure why...I will try again.  Planning a garage sale for the bigger toys and things I can't sell on ebay. I am hopeful when it is said and done I will feel good about things...now I just feel chaos.  
We had a good weekend...got the car taken in to have a "check up".  All is well.  Hung out in town and took the kids to lunch and Barnes and Nobles...Zachary was in heaven with all the books and walked away with a new junior encyclopedia and children's atlas book.  He is like my dad and just planted himself in the aisle of the book store with his books and started reading...happy as a clam. Erin was thrilled with all the books too, but more about taking them out and running to show us and then gathering more.  She loved the Elmo section!
Last night we had some new friends over for dinner. A couple that just got in the squadron.  Brandon had hung out with Joe the husband Friday and came home really excited about how nice he was and I had met his wife Maria at a coffee...so we both jumped to ask them over...super nice, normal, down to earth and fun people...so sad we meet them right before we move, but just happy to know them.  I feel like that is what it is about...I am thrilled to get to make new friends.  
Sally is doing well post op.  She isn't loving the cone, but we have learned we MUST keep it on 24/7...her ear is super itching from her fur being shaved and she wants to scratch...her tummy looks nasty, but is healing. I am just glad all the blood work came back totally normal and she is a healthy pup like we had hoped.  I now might have to Ebay her to pay for her vet bill.  :)  Just kidding...
Well I am off to get ready for the behaviorist and alone time with Erin...Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Sounds like a fun whirlwind trip to San Antonio...enjoy and good luck!! And I am with Zach and your dad...book stores are great and it's fun to just plop down in the aisles!