Saturday, January 8, 2011

Resolutions ~ Goals 2011

So I looked at my resolutions from last year http://minimillermoments.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-years-goals.html, and really have mixed emotions about them.
First I can't lie, I didn't do so well on a lot of them.  My goal of continuing reading has been good.  I have read a lot of books this year and continued to read often, but not in a book club. The one I joined really didn't continue and I didn't search for a new one.
Scrapooking...I dropped the ball here. I sadly didn't make the time. I got invited to join a monthly crop with my friend Mindy and never was able to make one of the nights...I didn't take the time at home to dedicate myself to doing the pages I had needed or intended to do.  So, now I am still super far behind and sad to report my progress on that was so bad. But, the good news is, I am going to keep that as a goal this year and work toward improving.
The bible reading. I did pretty well with this.  I got off track a bit and behind, but I did oaky on this and again plan to do that this year.
Running...ha ha!  Well lets say it isn't for me. I tried, I don't like it, my body doesn't like it and it isn't for me.  Not at all.  But...I am not giving up on my health...
So this year's goals...
1. Saving money, paying off debt and reducing my shopping.
- This one is huge! I don't drink, smoke, overeat or do any gambling.  But I do shop...a lot. I love to shop.  In fact in CA I think it became an unhealthy outlet.  So, I am working hard to stop the excessive shopping.  Shop more in reason of need, use coupons and opportunities to get things on sale and to be wiser about what I buy...not so compulsive.  I have a stack ready to go the March Munchkin Mart...I sold things in the September one and did well...great way to clean out those big bulky items that don't go on ebay.  I am still ebaying and trying to save what I make.  Reducing debt...not any major debts...but paying off loans, car payments, etc.  Making this a priority and myself a bit more fiscally conservative in the 2011 year will hopefully be a life change...But I can't lie, this is going to be a hard one for me.
2. Scrapbooking...I need to just make myself take time for this. I love it and I love the final product, I just have to make the time.
3. Working out...I am not a gym going fool, a runner or a P90X person. But I love to walk.  I like Yoga and have thought about taking tennis and golf lessons.  I am accepting what I am and am not and working with that this year. I love to walk. So, making time to take a 4-5 mile walk is what I am doing in 2011...it gives me time to think, a great workout and me time.  All are bonuses. I have lost 6 lbs since Thanksgiving and hoping to lose 4 more...
4. DRINK MORE WATER. I think I am part camel. I literally can survive on little to no water.  I have some GI issues this year and really have to make this a priority for me, my health and well being.  This is sadly harder for me than I realize, but hoping it will become just normal part of my life soon and help me in the long run feel so much better.
5. Continue to eat healthy...we have been working on eating healthier around here for a while and hoping to keep that up...making dinner often and having healthy, yummy meals is a great help to me and something I want to keep working hard on this year.
6. Making special time for the kids to do things with them...together and one on one.
7. Making special time for my marriage...date nights, time together in every day life that is just about us, lunches during the week...making us a priority again. Now that the kids are older and we can go out more I want to put more focus on us and our relationship.
8. Making the most of time with friends and family. Taking the time to go to lunch with girlfriends, play dates, meet people at the pool, make a phone call to an old friend, send a letter, email, etc.  Visit people whenever we can and make that effort when we can.  We just started skyping with my parents and I can't tell you how awesome it is to see their faces...have the kids see them and be seen.  I am thrilled.
9.  Sounds silly, but I want to take care of my nails. I have had one manicure in my life when my mom made me for my wedding. I am working to keep my nails nice and hopefully nice enough to be worthy of a manicure once in a while. :)
10.  Continue my reading and reading the daily bible again this year...you know what they say, knowledge is power.
I am hoping for a great 2011...taking some time and steps to work on myself on healthier levels...continuing to work on healthy changes.  I am excited to see where this year takes us.

2 comments:

Daniel and Sena said...

I had to do some catching up on your blog! But I love your resolutions and think I need to make some of them my own. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Love ya!

Kelley said...

Very good goals girl! Loved to read the list. I think we must be from the same camel family :) Good luck to you, I know you will have great success!!