Monday, January 3, 2011

Never enough time...

Even under the best circumstances, there never seems to be enough time with my parents.  The visits always seem to rushed, too fast and like there was so much undone. This trip might go down as the worst yet and mostly due to me.  I got sick on 12/24 with the lovely stomach bug...fever, chills and all the fun that followed with the stomach bug. I felt awful for several days and really had no desire to do much...I even stayed home from the day after Christmas sales and that was a first.  My mom and dad were troopers and helped so much with the kids.  They made sure they had fun, felt loved and got all they needed while i rested. I can't thank them enough for that. Being sick is never easy as a mom, but at least I knew the whole time they had my mom and dad loving them.
I feel like there was so much I had wanted to do and none of it got done.  I feel like this must be a huge let down to my parents and how disappointed they must feel...to come all this way after the month they had and basically watch me be sick.  I hate that for them.  I hate even more that tomorrow they head home and it will be weeks, maybe months, before we get to see them again...that is just too long and really breaks my heart.  My children are so blessed to have them as grandparents and I am so thankful for the relationship they have with them.  I know how much of a treasure it is.
I hope that they know how sorry I am for the lack of fun on this trip and how much I would love to undo a lot of it and make it better.  I had hoped for so much more.  I love them more than they know and never feel like I get it right when it comes time to show them...

1 comment:

Eralel83 said...

Susan, I am sure your parents were happy to be there for you and to spend quality time with Zach and Erin. Unfortunately those things happen, and hopefully you will be able to see them again soon when you are feeling better. Other than the yucky bug, hope you had a great Christmas. Miss you!