Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Not too exciting...

Some days I just don't have anything that exciting to chat about...I guess that is a good thing.
Both kids are doing well and currently feeling well...Zach had his last piano lesson with his current teacher and we are working on getting him set up with someone closer to our house and less expensive...fingers crossed it goes well.  Erin had her 3rd gymnastics class this week and did well again...I think I am going to hyperventilate one day watching, I might have to bring a paper bag. Seriously, she is so much smaller than her classmates and watching her try to keep up has me a bit nervous. I know she is super determined and will try it all and that is fine, but I watch and sometimes see her dangerously close to getting hurt and want to run out there and "help".  I guess I am the typical helicopter mom in that sense, hovering around...I have done so much better with her than I ever did with Zach, so not often can I say that with her.  Both are enjoying school and seem to be doing well.  Zach has his GT testing next week and I hopeful this year he will do well and qualify for that program next year.
I have been working on some of my goals...Walked 4.5 miles Tuesday and plan to do it again tomorrow...i have a nice path from my house through a neighborhood and some trees...It is a nice area to walk and have some me time.  I did my yoga dvd Monday and Today...Jillian from the biggest loser is the one on it...WOW....I also have Bob's...both are great and both HURT.  I like Jillians's better I think, but I am not sure why.  Either way I am enjoying it and trying to stick with it.  Until I ever get up the courage to go to a damn gym, this will have to do as my workout regime and I need to just stick with it!!!
I volunteered at Zach's school today...it was not too fun, counting box tops!  The women on the PTC are an interesting bunch...I am not sure what else to say about it than that.  Women in general amaze me, the personalities and the clickiness...all so fascinating.
Getting lots of stuff on Ebay and hoping I can save up like I did last year to be able to pay for a big thing with it all...always a fun challenge.  Almost done with my book, Salem Falls...
I got a sweet email from a friend I play Bunko with today offering to throw a birthday dinner for myself and another lady next week...so sweet and I totally feel spoiled to have friends that would want to do that for me.  I feel pretty lucky.  I have some sweet people here who are working on a surprise this weekend for me, so I am anxious to see what it is...date on Friday, also a surprise...so fun!
I am off to get some more things done around here so I can fully utilize my morning kid free!!!

No comments: