Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Who says watching tv doesn't pay?

So we had quite and unexpected severe thunderstorm Monday night. I went to the Autism Support group on base and stayed late talking to some moms....got home and Brandon ran out to get something. I went upstairs to check on the kids and gather up some things in the guest room to go to the resale shop...I had seen a ton of lightening on the way home and the thunder was rolling, but it started to pour at our no where...so loud against the windows and then came the noise you always dread...the pinging noise of hail...well my car was in the driveway, Brandon was due home any second and we had a garage full of stuff...garbage cans, new outdoor furniture from Target all still in boxes, and a ton of items intended to be sold in the garage sale that never happened over the weekend. So I did my best to clear what I could so we could get the cars in...result below...
A big mess in the foyer...
Very crammed cars in garage...
A soaking wet husband that had to pull the cars in....
Luckily we get very few of these storms compared to our days in Abilene...


Other fun things...
Who says watching tv doesn't pay? Well not the Nielson people...they sent me $30 to fill out their tv diaries for a week. What a fun treat!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a really funny post! I miss those storms; the mad dash to tie everything down, chase your garbage can down the street, save cars from hail, etc. I remember once in Abilene I thought I could take Ellie quickly to a store in town while under a tornado watch. And then about 2 blocks from my destination it turned into a warning and I hauled a** back home. Just in time to chase my garbage can down the street. ;-)But for some reason these are all great memories, I love those storms!

Anonymous said...

I hate storms like that. Happy everyone is o.k. Is Sally still in the closet????????? :)

AprilJ said...

I always knew watching TV could be profitable. Now if I can just convince you-know-who! On another note, my best memory of a San Antonio rainstorm will always include the 4 of us running down the river walk, being soaking wet.. good times.