Saturday, May 29, 2010

All good things must come to an end...

So sad for me to see this school year end for the kids. Both have really loved their teachers, made great friends and blossomed in their new environments. I couldn't be happier to see those things happen, but sad to see them end. I know Zachary understands, but Erin has no clue, so I imagine the reality of it all won't be easy for her to accept.
She had her last day of school Thursday and a small ceremony at her school. Zach's last day is Thursday with a ceremony too.
We had a movie night last night....Toy Story 2 in preparation to see Toy Story 3 when it comes out soon. Erin is obsessed with this movie right now and asks for Buzz and Woody all day long. At least it is a movie I can tolerate watching multiple times. :)
Today we went to the pool for the first big outing...it was hot and I think we all got more sun than we realized until we got home...
So here are some photos of the day for you to enjoy.
Erin waiting with the other Nursery School kids for graduation...
Getting her diploma....
With her teacher Mrs. Sherry - we will miss her so much!
With her class. I have to say she has made some good little friends in here and I love some of the moms. I look forward to getting together with some of them this summer and hope some can make it her birthday party.
Zach's first trip to the pool in 2010...this kid is a fish!
Erin doesn't take to the water quite like Zachary, but I have to say today she impressed me with her willingness to do things she wouldn't last year and never once crying to get out, if anything crying to get in at break time. God Bless them both with the goggle (or gobble as they both call them) obsession.
First ones there!
Me at movie night...
Movie night...I think it was a hit...finally!
I am not sure what we will do tomorrow, but hopefully we will have another good day. I think I got enough sun today to last me a few days, so we might skip more sun. :)

On the same note of all good things coming to an end I wanted to acknowledge a big day in my father's life. Tomorrow he will be retiring from his job. He had left work after I graduated high school due to health issues and returned to work several years ago at Chandler Hospital in AZ. I can't begin to say how much I admire my dad, really there aren't words to describe how much I adore my dad. I think he is the smartest person I know and I respect him more than I can say. He loves what he does and he is a wonderful radiologist. Being a doctor and the world of medicine is a huge part of who he is. I know it won't be easy to leave, it is a bittersweet goodbye for him. He knows it is time and he is ready, but as most people know, you are never really ready to say goodbye to something you love. So I want him to know I am thinking of him and wishing I was there to give him a big hug and say in person how much I love him.

No comments: