Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happenings...

  • Zach still has spots...not all over and as obviously itchy, but still there. I am thankful the medicine is working, but starting to worry about how he will do when we take him off of it.
  • Erin had pictures last week. Her first set of pictures this year were so bad that I didn't buy one. Yes, I realize that is harsh, she is two and her first time in school. It was that bad. So, I didn't have high hopes for these. We will be buying some copies. She was pretty proud of herself and said, "Look at me, I smiled mommy." Zach even noticed, "Mom you can even buy one this time." Ah the things kids say...
  • We are still on a car hunt...planning to replace the 4Runner at some point soon. I have been eyeing the Honda Pilot for months, but now I am interested in the GMC Acadia...so we are going to look this weekend some more...we will see!
  • As much as I didn't love my time in Jackson TN and I don't miss the place, I have to say it is sad to see the news about the flooding there and especially in Nashville...so sad! My heart goes out to the people there...
  • I am having a hard time with the end of the year school stuff coming up so fast...how the heck is it May already? I got both of the kids last newsletters from their school and Zach's final lunch menu...I can't get over the fact that Kindergarten is almost over for him. WOW. Just too fast for me. Another year of great changes and fun...so sad to see it end in many ways, but mostly that it means another chapter in their life is closing. I can't get this time back and I grasping at each moment.
  • In ten years I have never gotten a ticket on base...not once. Until today. I got a parking ticket at BAMC. I was there for a doctor's appointment, so add insult to injury why don't we? I got to the overflowing lot at 9:50 for an appointment at 10:30. Drove around until 10:25 looking for a spot...circling the lot like a vulture looking for prey. It was pathetic to see people stalking elderly with canes. The parking is a nightmare there...no, it is worse, just pandemonium. I was literally considering calling and cancelling...how pathetic is that, I am right outside, but can't find a place to park to come in. So I saw some people walking from a side road...asked an airmen if he knew where to park and he told me to go and parallel park on the road where a bunch of other cars were...no joke at least 13-15 cars there. So I did...got inside right on time. Well I went back to my car an hour later only to have a nice pink ticket on it...all of the other 13 cars did too. Seriously? Best part...it read, "Not illegally parked in a no parking zone." Yeah, that won't be hard to fight since it makes a lot of sense. What a fun event. Unlike civilian world, my punishment was having to tell my sponsor (Brandon)...he laughed.
Okay...that is all from me for the night...I am off to watch GH and bed...

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

OK, a couple of comments:
1. My friend in TX has an Acadia and it is AWESOME! I have wished I had one at least several hundred times.

2. I'm right there with you about the end of the year activities. I can't get my brain around Kara going into the 2nd grade nor can I comprehend Clay going to K next year. Bizarre.

3. Miss you :)