Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wrapping up the week...

Wanted to post a few photos from Tball on Tuesday night. Whatever moron thought it was a good or appropriate time to play for 5 year olds wins my vote for stupid man of the month...7:15 for a week night. Zach started as pitcher...cute, but so not safe for a child that spent most of the time with his glove in his mouth or looking around at everyone else...I was happy when they moved him to 3rd base...less balls go over there in tball. He did have one RBI and got on base 2 times and scored off those hits. Erin mostly enjoyed the treats...


Tomorrow is the kindergarten Zoo filed trip...Lord Help me I am going to chaperon. :) I hope it is fun, weather is good and I don't lose a child. I think that would be bad. Should be fun and I am glad I am able to go and be part of it. Erin has a daddy day....he took the day off and they are going to the gymnastics place together for Playnastics (my helpful suggestion). Then Brandon is off tomorrow night to Abilene. The kids and I had wanted to go, but plans changed and now he is going alone. It is the 25th anniversary of the B-1...big reunion, airshow and tons of fun up there. I think it will be a good chance for him to visit with old friends and also do a bit of networking. No secret we would love to get back to the operational B-1 world one day and that door is still open we hope. Part of me is so sad not to go as I know we would see many old friends and familiar faces as well as have time in a place I called home for 4 years. But, the other part of me knows myself, and I know I would be a bit sad to go back. I have such amazing memories of living there. Seriously! I loved my job, I had my first child there, went through my first 3 deployments there and made some wonderful, life long, best friends there. It was a good home to me. So, we will go back one day for a visit, or maybe a move...we will see!
So the kids and I are on our own until Sunday night...fingers crossed we have a fun, happy weekend!!!

No comments: